Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Location of Star Serial Numbers?
I bought a 1926 or 1927 Roadster(not sure which) - I have a '27 title and am trying to connect the title number to a car number- I have a brass engine number but it doesn't match the title. Would stars have another location for an assembly number? Thanks, Jim
Views: 1420   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 7:13pm
by Jim Chocole
1926 R Coupe exhaust
I am wondering if anyone could get me a pic of the original routing of the exhaust on a model R? The system on my car comes from the manifold, between the clutch and brake pedal and into the muffler. From the muffler it goes to the back, over the diff (following th...
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 9:10am
by Tary Mauk
r
Ross
1923 Star model C
For those who might not check ebay-1923 Star model C for sale in the other makes section. Car looks to be very nice fully restored. Take your money out of that nasty ol' stock market and buy a collector car!(I don't have any affiliation with this car) Ross
Views: 460   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 7, 2013 7:43am
by Dennis W. nutter
rust remover
I seem to recall a message on the web a few days back about some home made rust remover. I know it had ATF (automatic transmission fluid ) as one ingredien- but I cant remember the second ingredient. Can anyone tell me what it is? I know it is a half and half...
Views: 350   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 12:21pm
by Ken
A Few Hours Left!
Hello fellow Durantonians: We only have a few hours left of the 2012 year here in the United States to write a check or get a Money Order to be postmarked by the close of the Post Office today to contribute a tax deductible gift to the DMAC Museum Fund. Why n...
Views: 200   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2012 8:02am
by Mike Linthicum
r
Ross
Evans waterless coolant
Anyone using the Evans waterless coolant in their collector car(s)? Sounds great for the way most of us would use our cars.A bit pricey at $40.00 a gallon. Ross
Views: 317   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 11:37am
by Ross
More recruiting
The Facebook site now has 24 people who 'like' it. If we hit 30 followers, we'll gain access to some minor demographics information. Several people have posted pictures, I would highly encourage people to go check them out. If you are concerned about privacy, he...
Views: 328   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 29, 2012 8:44am
by Rick Botti
Phone Scamer?
I today received a phone call in-regards to ordering the Magazine,s Car and Drive as well as Hot Rod. This person that called I had mentioned that I had never order such. His statement was that I did and he was going to bill our master card. Thing is that he could n...
Views: 214   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 28, 2012 2:39pm
by Ken and Dorothy ...
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Hello to all our friends: 2012 has been a great year for travelling and meeting up again with all our Durant Club friends, our Antique and Classic Car Club Friends, our Historic Automobile Club friends and many others during the year. We had a great Gathering of Du...
Views: 371   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 25, 2012 11:28pm
by Gary Yelle
Happy Christmas
Happy Christmas to all from sunny California. I hope all have wonderful Christmas and remember the reason for the season to honor the Birth of Christ the Son of the Living God!
Views: 182   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 25, 2012 12:35am
by Chuck FAULKNER
Christmas Greetings
A Merry Christmas and a very happy New Year to all our Durant car friends in the USA.Thank you for your help in the past year. Margaret and myself will be joining the Club next year and hope to even make it to one of your annual meets in the future. Best wishes to...
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2012 1:49pm
by Yates Milton
Year end donations to the DMAC Museum Fund
With just over a week away from the end of 2012 and that end of the tax year for all us in the United States, please take a moment to remember the DMAC Museum effort in your charitable giving. Any monetary amount will be excepted and as long as it is postmarked befor...
Views: 194   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 23, 2012 2:52pm
by Mike Linthicum
It's a DeVo
Norm: In that other post you made reference to the 1936 car that was only as a prototype. It was based on the 4 cylinder Beacon. It is a DeVo. It was for export only. About 20 years ago it was found and restored in South Africa. I have pictures of the car res...
Views: 272   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 11:07am
by Norm Toone
Old star sign
Old star sign on an online auction in owosso,mi. the website is www.narhiauctions.com . the auction is the Fisher online auction in owosso,mi
Views: 371   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 19, 2012 5:28am
by Mike Linthicum
Durant Statue in Flint
Here are some links to articles about the Durant statue that they plan to place in downtown Flint. They have a Louis Chevrolet statue in that area already. http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flint/index.ssf/2012/11/back_to_the_bricks_announces_d.html http://ww...
Views: 215   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 18, 2012 1:33pm
by J&W Garage
Rear Brakes
Sirs Am looking for informed sources concerning my '27 Star Touring brakes. I am fixing my rear brakes and trying to do it right this time. I have done it previously but not worrying about hardware just putting new linings. But, my wear is uneven. It has to d...
Views: 386   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 16, 2012 11:06am
by Brian D.
"Rims" What color?
Need some opinions or help here. Getting ready to paint my fellows and hubs the Riviera green that was the original color. What color would be correct for the Rims? I've seen body color and I've seen silver color? What say ye all? Also the rim bolts, silver, body col...
Views: 321   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 10:56am
by Norm Toone
Broken Door Handles
I just got four gorgeous recast door hamdles from Mike Butters. To mount them, I need the spring and special washers that hold the handle to the estrucheon. I'm reluctant to tear up the old handles as they are still serviceable. Does anyone have some broken handle...
Views: 315   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 15, 2012 5:14am
by Mike Linthicum
Museum collection effort
Hi everyone! This year when you send in your dues to Bob, why not add a little more $5, $10 to the check marked for the museum fund. Anything over the normal membership fee could possibly be a tax deductible amount for the members in the U.S. and for the others out...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 7:18am
by Mike Linthicum
Announcing two news items
The first news is: As some of you already know, the late Terry Kulchycki, founder of the durantcars.com website, created it as a reference for restorers and researchers interested in the automobiles produced by the Durant Motor Company. After Terry passed away...
Views: 422   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 7:18am
by Yates Milton
Military museum in Auburn Indiana
Some years ago when we had our National meet in Auburn many of us toured the Military Museum there. I just saw posted on Hemmings that much of the collection has been auctioned off and is going to private collectors. Glad we got to see it when we did.
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 11, 2012 7:12am
by Mike Linthicum
Shipping cost
In getting auto parts shipped from Canada to the US, is there any service(s) cheaper than the Canadian Postal Service? It has been a while since I used the CPS and I had a rude awakening in its increase in shipping and had to bite my tongue
Views: 292   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 5:33am
by Dennis W. nutter
Very Interesting Web Page
I haven't heard anyone mention this web page but I picked up on it on a machinist forum. The Old Motor is worth looking at every day for something new. If you have never seen it, it will keep you occupied for several hours. http://theoldmotor.com/
Last Post: Dec 9, 2012 6:31am
by Guy Belzil
It is getting to be that time of year again!
Hello fellow Durantonians! Here in the U.S. we are getting closer to the end of the year and time for those of us in the U.S. to start thinking about making donations to our favorite charities by December 31, 2012 tax year end. Remember that now the DMAC is a no...
Views: 324   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 8, 2012 5:24am
by Mike Linthicum
Fan Hub Rebuild
I have a 1929 Durant model 60. I remember seeing an article on how to rebuild the fan hub using modern bearings in one of the Durant partner publications. Does anyone know which one? I also tried to contact Vancouver Durant Star Car Connection but haven't gotten a re...
Views: 252   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 12:19am
by Vince OBrien
Valve Clearances for Hall-Scott 6-75
I'm Rebuilding the engine on my 1931 De vaux. Does anyone know the valve clearances on the motor? Thanks
Views: 257   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2012 7:59am
by DAVE ENRICO
GARY'S DURANT STAR GUIDE to our car parts
HELLO FRIENDS, GOOD NEWS TODAY....MY SON, THE COMPUTER MAVEN (EXPERT) HAS BEGUN TO WORK ON MY NEW WEBSITE FOR MY PARTS OF OUR CARS PROJECT. THE WEBSITE...."GARYSDURANTSTARGUIDE.COM"..WILL START TO TAKE SHAPE SOON. IF YOU WISH TO CONTRIBUTE, PLEASE BEGIN TO TA...
Views: 874   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 3, 2012 8:14pm
by gary k
Durant radiator for sale
I have a Durant radiator for sale. I think the year is 1928. I can email a picture.
Views: 528   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 1, 2012 3:48pm
by Norm Toone
Another Flint for the DMAC
Hi Y'all, I have purchased a 26 Flint 4 Door Sedan that will be picked up this week. Rick has added a page on how to add photos and I still can't do it. I did not see the data plate but think it is a E55 5 passenger. Has a 120" wheelbase. Will need a starter ass...
Views: 758   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 7:07pm
by Jim Greenamyer
NJ Durant Plant on Fire
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=8475793 There is a multiple alarm fire at the Durant Plant in Elizabeth NJ, the site of the 2004 DMAC meeting.
Views: 1309   Replies: 29
Last Post: Nov 26, 2012 7:07am
by John Donlan
Rear End Gears
Hi All, I am looking for a different gear ratio for my Model 60 rear end. It came standard with a 4:44 ratio (9 tooth pinion, 40 tooth ring gear). Per Lance's posting on 9/2/12, Durant/Warner also offered a 3:90 & 3:73 rear end. I am looking for a 3:90 ratio, which I...
Views: 455   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 9:01pm
by gary k
Durant differential manufacturer and type?
Looking for anyone that has information about the names of the manufacturers and types of differentials used in the Durant cars. Who built the differentials and what years did they manufacture them for Durant? What types with their part numbers were used in the vario...
Views: 261   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2012 8:31pm
by gary k
Happy Thankgiving to my extended Durant family in the USA
I will be hitting the road today on a 9 hour drive up to South Carolina for Thanksgiving with some family. Not looking forward to the drive but really not looking forward to the drive back on Sunday. Sometimes the interstate 95 gets to be a parking lot or speed is do...
Views: 172   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 3:50pm
by Don Shilling
Pennsylvania Durant Dealership 1926 1932 ?
You may be able to help me out. I looking for the name of a Dodge Bros. Dealership that serviced the northern area of PA. 1926-1932. It sold a lot in Waymart, Scranton, Carbondale, Honesdale etc. It sold Durants also. Any information would be helpful T...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 5:11pm
by Dave Schulte
Rugby Hood covers
I am looking for a good company in the USA,to purchase vinyl fabric for the hood of our Rugby Tourer.If anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated. The original hood was a very light colour, probably a beige of some sort.
Views: 290   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 9:22am
by Robert N Heat...
Watson Stabilators
Does anyone have any repair info on Watson Stabilators? My '29 D60 has one rear broke and one front broke. I dissembled the rear one and the aluminum hub that engages the torque spring is broken in 5 pieces. Are parts available or do I need to scrounge extra units an...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 8:29pm
by gary k
Durant 1931 Hood ornament
My father acquired a '1932' Durant, 4 door, 4 cyl sedan in the early 30's. All accounts indicate it was actually a 1930-31 model 610 introduced in 1930. His description matches the model 610 with a 112 inch wheelbase, 50 horsepower four-cylinder, A.C. oil filter, and...
Views: 875   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 4:47pm
by Kenneth Hiltz
Handles 30 - 32
Just trying to get an idea how many different outside handles were made for the 30 - 32 Durant's. I know the spear type used 30 / 31 and the plain type used on 407's. All handles cast metal and chromed. The 407 escutcheon on open cars is stainless steel not cast...
Views: 478   Replies: 11
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 4:35am
by Norm Toone
a
Adam
Sparkplug Wires
Hello everyone, I have come to the point where I need to find new Plug wires for my W5. What I would like to have is modern day wires with a cloth outer coating. Does anyone have a clue as to where I can find such a product? Maybe I should find out does everyone...
Views: 713   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 1:45am
by gracielona
winter has shown up
An ugly sight to see this morning--about 4 or 5 inches of that ugly white stuff all over everything here. Looks like I better get my plow fixed so I dont have to shovel the 200 or so feet of driveway Have to take the little beast to a repair shop before I can use...
Views: 208   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 3:47am
by Norm Toone
Cathy's New B=22 Pictures
Hi All...... Here are a few pictures of "Ginny" Our newest addition. She came from Virginia, hence the name Cathy has chosen for her....... Enjoy....Frank
Views: 332   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 12:17pm
by Yates Milton
Export of Durant Cars to Australia
Can anyone confirm what Date the first Durant Rugby's arrived in Australia. I do know that the first sales commenced in July 1923.
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 9:45pm
by Robert N Heat...
Athena the Nor'easter
At 2200 EST on Wednesday, November 7, 2012, we have about 5" of snow on the ground already, and winds in the 25-30 knot range. In addition to the damage from Sandy, we now have six more large oak trees that have broken limbs that are hanging close to the house and t...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 10, 2012 8:45am
by Lance Chabot
Hurricane Sandy
The news is filled with images of very severe damage caused by Hurricane Sandy. Flooding, wind and fire is what TV here on the west coast is showing 24/7. I hope our east coast members are safe and dry. Rick
Views: 525   Replies: 21
Last Post: Nov 5, 2012 5:59pm
by Charles A. Spitz...
Draining rad
Getting the little beast ready to put to bed for the winter. I have found the drain for the rad but cant find any for the block. Does the rad drain also empty the block? I think it does but sure would hate to crack the block at this stage of the game. Thanks guys...
Views: 212   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 1, 2012 6:28pm
by Ken McCormick
t
Todd
Cowl ID tag
Say I came across a cowl with a tag that reads: car number 1166 model s-4 Detroit Michigan. From what I have been able to find it looks to be for a 29 Rugby truck? is this correct or could it be for a car also? Thanks
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 31, 2012 5:59pm
by Norm Toone
Brake cross shaft and rods
Has anyone got a good picture of all the rods connected to the cross shaft? I am having a problem and so far havent had a lot of luck figuring it out. When I put the emergency brake on -the tail lights are on as well- I know there is something simple I am doin...
Views: 370   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 30, 2012 1:06pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Distributer for a star 4
I am looking fo a 4 cylinder distributer for a 26 star car . A freind of mine has a star and needs a distributer. Trying to get him to join the club so maybe if I find a distributer for him he will do so. Anyone with a spare one ?? And what is the price --I will let...
Views: 567   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 28, 2012 12:41pm
by wayne
Fan Hub Upgrade
I looked thru the tech page and found nothing concerning putting modern bearings in the Star and Durant fan hubs. The hub for my D60 is in perfect condition but an upgrade at this point is desirable. Anybody have any plans for this??
Views: 277   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 25, 2012 11:16pm
by Don Gaskill
Water Pump Rebuild
Anybody out there doing water pump rebuilds for a 14L? Franz is out of touch for the time being. I need a new shaft and bronze bearings.
Last Post: Oct 20, 2012 1:34pm
by Rick Botti
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36

The Durant Motors Automobile Club