Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
jalopnik Rolls-Royce
Check out the Jalopnik website article on the 1930 Rolls-Royce with the Viper engine. Now read the reader response from ranwhenparked about Durant owners. Sounds like either Frank W or Ken McCormick? Tongue planted in cheek. Ross
Views: 301   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 2, 2013 4:07am
by Norm Toone
ring gear/carrier
Has anyone ever removed the 8 rivets that hold the ring gear to the carrier in a '29 rear end? I know that most if not all the Durants and Stars had this configuration. I need to match up a good carrier with a good ring gear and was wondering if anybody had done this...
Views: 270   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 1, 2013 6:15am
by Bill Hoaglan
What did you do with your Durant today?
Being a beautiful sunny day in Ind. with the temp. of 36 degrees I cleaned out by barn/garage to reinventory my parts for my Star speedster since Spring is near. I did find other objects that I "misplaced" and even managed to make a little more space. Never, and I me...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 26, 2013 9:50am
by Dennis W. nutter
Engine Plate Screws
Does anyone know the size/TPI of the screws that mount the engine data plate to the side of the block? Thanks, Jim
Views: 273   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 26, 2013 1:57am
by Shane Hoffmann
Firewall openings
I purchased my 1926 Star in pieces so have no record where things go or belong. Pictures are always nice on restorations so I have been checking all pictures on the website and those that I have taken of members cars. Unfortunately I don't have many good pictures o...
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 8:52pm
by gary kauffman
Wooden spoked wheels
I would like to try and make wooden spokes wheels for my '29 M4 is there someone who could point me in the right direction?
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 8:48pm
by gary kauffman
old cars weekly article..Gold Star Day
Just a heads Up... The latest issue of Old Cars Weekly V42 #6, has an article about a widow looking for a new home for a number of nice looking Stars. The story is part of a readers series, p. 40-41. The widow lives in Roseville, CA. There are a number of solid w...
Views: 240   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 9:55am
by Bob Smith
A big thanks.
Thanks everyone for your help regarding Bulbs.Hope to get to one of your large meets in the future.
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 23, 2013 6:55am
by Robert N Heat...
g
gary
pickup bed
looking for pictures of 1927 pickup with full enclosed cab,metal skin on wood frame,small wood bed on rear. smithgary162@roadrunner.com
Views: 553   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 1:36pm
by cdmn
For sale
I have a 1927 Dstar fully restored I would like to sell 12k
Views: 274   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 5:46am
by Dan Pitney
Light globes.
Is there a company in the USA or Canada that still produces 6 volt globes for old Durant cars ect, or do owners convert to more modern globe lighting?
Views: 364   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 22, 2013 4:40am
by Norm Toone
correct motor color
Alright Star people.... I'm worhing on a 1927 Star M2 which is a 4 cyl. Can anyone tell my the correct motor color or were they're several? Thanks in advance, Jim G.
Views: 336   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 21, 2013 5:03pm
by Jim Greenamyer
DMAC Member Bob Krayer Passes
I have been informed that Bob Krayer, a Charter Member of the DMAC and a member of the first Board of Directors, has passed away. Bob owned 3 Stars and was from Levittown, PA. He always appeared to make good sound judgement, especially when it came to the DMAC a...
Views: 208   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 19, 2013 1:31pm
by Bill DeVries
s
Shawn
Where is the VIN on a 1924 Star?
Trying to find the vin on a 1924 star and cannot find it. Any ideas? Thanks, Shawn
Views: 196   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 18, 2013 8:07pm
by Don Shilling
Question on tools
Ok here is a dumb question. these tools were under the back seat of my star. the jack and handle i get. the wrenches i get also. however the 4 bent arm things i do not get, could anybody tell me what they are? Or did somebody just throw those in there for fun....
Views: 204   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 9:14pm
by jeff martin
Wooden Spoke Repairs
My D40 Rugby has developed a small clicking noise in the right hand front wheel, once per revolution, while going slowly around a right hand corner. It appears to be happening due to a little bit of looseness in a couple of spokes where they protrude through the fel...
Views: 2855   Replies: 9
Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 3:30pm
by Kevin Hitchcock
How to secure a spare?
I managed to get a nice spare on the '24 Star but what sort of locking clips were used originally to hold that spare in place on the studs? Here is a pic of mine with silly round washers on the posts. Thanks, Jim
Views: 163   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2013 12:56pm
by Jim Chocole
No ignition Key- ideas?
Gents, My '24 Star has a slot for an ignition key but none came with the car. Can someone tell me about the key issue? Can I make do without one- do any generic Model T keys work? Etc- not sure how to proceed before stuff gets taken apart or re-routed. Thanks,...
Views: 349   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 16, 2013 5:17pm
by Jim Chocole
Standard Auto Electricians Manual
Does anyone have a copy of the Standard Auto Electricians Manual that covers 1925-36 cars? It was printed in 1936 and a few are on e-bay but are $$$. I am specifically looking for some detail information on timing advance of the distributor but would also like to see...
Views: 396   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 16, 2013 4:18pm
by Phil Peters
re: star titles...
my title source tells me he has the following titles available.."for joy of collecting purposes only" of course hahaha.....1927 star conv. truck, 1930 rugby truck, expects to have following soon, 1923 star sedan, 1925 sport roadster and 1927 star sedan, and a 1922...
Views: 248   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 11:04am
by gary kauffman
Source for 1 1/4" radiator hose for Star?
Anyone located a chain/retailer that carries 1 1/4" ID radiator hose for Star's? I would prefer not to order through Ebay and pay shipping costs. Thanks, Jim
Views: 288   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 15, 2013 8:16am
by Jim Chocole
patterns for wood frame for 1931 Chevy Sedan
Hi folks, Just came across this site and sure am hoping someone out there can steer me in the right direction. My husband is working on his 1931 Chevy Sedan. It had a cloth top and he has totally gutted the interior to replace. He noticed upon pulling out the int...
Views: 2415   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 5, 2007 12:31am
by Greg Krueger
Durant Partner
Hi Carol: Once again, you have outdid yourself. A marvelous Partner. Beautiful pictures. I am working on an article for you for a future issue. Gord
Views: 273   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 14, 2013 4:31pm
by Ken McCormick
star gas tank
Has anybody used one of the spun aluminum fuel tanks from speedway on there cars? If so what one did you use and how well did the neck line up with the cover? Looks like the 10" x 33" will work. My gas tank looks like they took this thing off-roading and beat the und...
Views: 252   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2013 10:32am
by jeff martin
1929 LA Auto Show Fire
Hi All..... Just got my copy of the Horseless Carriage Gazette, there is a picture of the aftermath of the 1929 fire and shows some of the cars close up. Sure looks like the Durant display to me. The picture is captioned as showing a DeSoto ? Anybody else see...
Views: 239   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 12, 2013 9:24am
by Frank Witkowski
Need info
I am trying to replace a broken part on my clutch . It is the piece that adjusts to hold the foot lever at the right distance to work the clutch without grinding or dragging It is a Y shaped piece and one of the ends broke off . Was wondering why it kept gri...
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 12, 2013 9:16am
by Ken
Painting question
Ok Durantonians, I need some help again. I painted my fellow's and brake drums with Acrylic Enamel several weeks ago. For a first time painting project most came out well. A couple of pieces upon examination a couple of days ago had some areas that I did not get full...
Views: 226   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 12, 2013 7:17am
by Mike Linthicum
1971 Article on 1923 Star Touring Car
This is an article from a 1971 auto publication in which they do a Drive Report for a 1923 Star Touring Car. If folks haven't seen it- it is interesting. Thanks and enjoy! Jim Chochole
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2013 8:12am
by Jim Chocole
Alternative to Chrome Plate?
Wow, I just got blowed away on a U-tube film of a spray on chrome job. Copy and Paste this URL to see. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Up_CLJXRyaM Now, before we get started, I'm well aware of the old "Chrome in a Rattle Can" paint jobs. We used to have another nam...
Views: 225   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 4:20pm
by Jim Chocole
Happy Birthday
Wanted to wish our great Webmaster a HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! Rick, where in the world would we be without you and our great website. Thanks a million.... Yates and Doris Milton
Views: 241   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 11:41am
by gary kauffman
What did I do with my Durant Today
Finished the seats and doors, now the for the Radiator to be fitted and wiring finished off. The hood will have to wait for a warmer day as autumn is nearly upon us.
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2013 7:44am
by Jim Chocole
Is oil pressure controlled by a spring and ball on a 14L engine?
I have completely disassembles and re assembled the Continental 14L engine from my 1928 D60. This is an early 14L, 163 cu.in., not the more popular 185 cu.in. I'm now ready to start it for the first time since the re-assembly, but I'm concerned about oil pressure. I...
Views: 278   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 8:46am
by Rick Botti
Two More Star Tourings
Happy New Year To All This week I bought the two 1923 Star Tourings that were on EBay direct from the seller. I was very surprised that these two were out there. Anyone in our club have any histoery on these cars?. Engine numbers #82313 and #72695.
Views: 559   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 9, 2013 8:15am
by Jim Chocole
g
gary k
1925 star f roadster
i would like to announce that i am now the proud owner of my first Star car....a 1925 model F roadster. it is an unrestored barn find purchased from the estate of deceased club member Don Welch, who was with me as a member of the original Durant Star Owners Club bac...
Views: 995   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 7, 2013 8:22pm
by gary kauffman
Car body
I saw a two door body located in South Dakota. It was in the Links area. I could not repond to the ad but possibly the person can respond thru email or telephone 920=579-9744. Thank you.
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 10:04pm
by David L. Coppess
Fitting a New Carburetor- Zenith.
I am working on fitting my 13922 Zenith carb to my '24 Star and wondered if anyone else has done this- just wanted to see how someone else has rigged it up? The accelerator rod gets fairly tight in behind the carb and in front of the valve covers. Thanks- any...
Views: 832   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 5, 2013 2:27am
by Shane Hoffmann
roof wood
what kind of wood was used in roof?
Views: 293   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 2, 2013 5:32am
by mike doyle
A New Ride
Hey, everybody, Froggys got a new ride. And, best of all, one that RUNS!! Now, he can keep up with Uncle Norm's MooseMoBile. And, he managed to sell his F Roadster to make room for the new wheels coming from Iowa. All in all, he came out smelling like a rose in the d...
Views: 309   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 2, 2013 5:16am
by Norm Toone
Durant Museum Effort
Hello fellow Durantonians! I wanted to post what's been going on with the Durant Museum Effort to keep everyone up on what's been happening in that area. 1. Your Board of Directors has approved the purchase of the Museum Software to start cataloging any dona...
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 12:20pm
by Frank Witkowski
Photographs of your cars.
We have had a number of new cars join our family over the last couple years that we do not have pictures of in our photograph section. Let's get out there and snap a couple of photographs and send them to Rick Botti. Doesn't matter what condition they are, restored o...
Views: 211   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 29, 2013 5:39am
by Mike Linthicum
Interchangable Tire Size
My 24 Flint calls for 32 X 4 1/2 tires, which are available at a rediculously high price. Will a 36 X 4 fit the 23" rims on my Flint and also what other sizes are you guys running?? Want a whitewall in a size that will look good without being distracting. Yates
Views: 291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 28, 2013 5:21pm
by Jack Connor
Afternoon Drive in a 1929 Durant
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv3nbmq4fPA Last week I took the Durant Roadster out for a drive on the back roads from Niles, to Sunol to Pleasanton and back to Niles last week. Hang on!
Views: 268   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 27, 2013 3:26pm
by Rick Botti
Durant & Star Pedal Cars
Hi All..... Does anyone have one of these pedal cars? Check out eBay listing 120949539281 for a catalog page showing both the Star & Durant models. There is a museum picture in one of the latest Model T Ford Club publication that has a color picture taken in...
Views: 414   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 24, 2013 5:18am
by Mike Linthicum
Help with Vacuum Canister
I opened my unrestored vacuum canister today and my internal float was disconnected from the wire- can someone snap a pic of their float and how it is supposed to look and be set up? I need to see how long down the wire it should be attached. Thanks- My emai...
Views: 206   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 21, 2013 5:38pm
by Jim Chocole
B-22 Durant Manuals
Hi All... Anyone have a B-22 owners manual they would be willing to sell or copy? Also interested in any other B-22 info you may have. Thanks........Frank ---
Views: 302   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2013 3:34pm
by Steve Large
moto meter decals
Is there a source for Durant Motor(s) moto meter decals such as Star,etc.?
Views: 232   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 5:28pm
by Jim Chocole
How to tighten timing chain?
I am disassembling my motor and am about to remove the generator gear. Once it all goes back together- do I need to mark the chain for timing or how do I properly tighten the timing chain? Thanks, Jim
Views: 260   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 15, 2013 12:45pm
by Jim Chocole
Star Wiring Source?
Are there any sources or vendor for Star wiring sets? Thanks, Jim
Views: 306   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2013 4:01pm
by Jim Chocole
2013 East Coast Spring Meet
It is time to start thinking about the East Coast Spring Meet. I know Winter is just upon us, but it does take time to get the wheels in motion so to speak. Where would the chapter like to head this spring. Probably will shoot for April again as the snow is usually o...
Views: 570   Replies: 19
Last Post: Jan 13, 2013 1:05pm
by Adam Ford
Ideas for Exhaust Connection?
I have a '24 Roadster and don't have an idea what this connection should be like? I have a 1 34" ID on exhaust manifold and exhaust pipe is about 1 11/16" - what makes the two fit together? Anyone have a press-fit set? Plus both have holes running crosswise throu...
Views: 235   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 12, 2013 7:26pm
by Jim Chocole
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

The Durant Motors Automobile Club