Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Rumble Seat Measurements/Photos
Merry Christmas everyone! Could a kind soul provide me with the rumble seat and hardware photos? Maybe some measurements of the springs and frames? Front seat info is also needed. Please not right away! This is the time for family and friends! BUT if you get bore...
Views: 341   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 30, 2014 4:17pm
by Bill Kronsbein
1926 Star
I am looking to sale my 1926 Star . I have the history of the car back to 1950 . It has been in the family since 42 .I do not know what it is worth . I need some help
Views: 284   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 10:58pm
by terry mcdonald
Super Bowl Pepsi Commercial
This is a link to the 2014 Pepsi commercial for the Super Bowl. There is a vintage car in the background and you need to slow down or stop the video to get even a reasonable view. Can anyone identify the car? http://www.superbowl-commercials.org/31969.html
Views: 341   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2014 2:34am
by Norm Toone
Daily Touring Miles
Hello all. I am new to Durant and antique vehicles, but have spent years working on 40s through 70s cars and trucks. I am going on a local tour in my newly acquired A-22 in early May here in northeast Kansas. I am interested in some opinions/tips. I will be dri...
Views: 503   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 20, 2014 9:07pm
by Vince OBrien
1928 Durant Needed for Concours in Michigan
Hi All...... I got the following request for a 1928 Durant product for this event. It is in the Detroit area and by invitation only. If you are interested contact me for further information.... The show is on Fathers Day, Sunday June 15th. The show is very...
Views: 291   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2014 7:58am
by Frank Witkowski
Book by Don Marsh
I am looking for a book by Don Marsh -Tips on auto body woodworking . I was sure I had one but -like a lot of other stuff I own its gone missing. Does anyone have a copy they could print pages from to send me till I find mine// Sure could use it now-...
Views: 438   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 16, 2014 8:41am
by Ken
Body side moulding
I need a supplier for some aluminum body side oval moulding 3/4 wide by 1/4 thick. What did you use for replacing the moulding? Thanks.
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2014 4:57pm
by Durant Motors Au...
rebuilding
I have been thinking for some time about tearing my car all down again and rebuilding a bit better. I was not happy with it the way it is right now so --I started today. taking the interior out and exposing all the bad wood work I did when I had no pattern or anyth...
Views: 421   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 13, 2014 4:39am
by Norm Toone
Flint on ebay
1924 Flint E-55 touring on ebay for 22K.Looks okay, but seller says car is stored outside! Someone needs to rescue this car. Not sure if that is a fair price or not. Ross
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2014 9:14pm
by Todd E. Frye
Ignition Switch Replacement Parts
Hi All... I have located a source for the ignition switch key cylinder. This is the pot metal part that is always broken. These are used on the combination lighting and ignition switch as made by Clum that is used on most of our cars up to 1930 The new part i...
Views: 2274   Replies: 39
Last Post: Jan 11, 2014 12:56pm
by Shane Hoffmann
Historical Data Project
Hi All........ During the San Diego meet, D J Federlein approached us about his idea for a historical data project focusing on our cars and the knowledge base of our members. The idea was influenced by Phil Peter's technical presentation of his car in the hotel...
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 4:54pm
by Gordon F. Curl
step plate placement
Hello. I'm accessorizing my touring to look like more of a sport touring. I picked up some step plates to add to the running boards, but am having a hard time determining placement from photos. Is there anyone with plates on their touring that could giver me measur...
Views: 302   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2014 7:44am
by Todd E. Frye
Terry's original Durantcar site
Heads up Seems the plug was pulled on Terry's site a few days ago. Search still has hits for it but you get a message now "The web page cannot be found". The only ones on Google search that work are http://dmacweb.com/Terry/ And what ever this is that pa...
Views: 295   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2014 4:00am
by Norm Toone
Museum Website
The museum website is temporarily down unto later this weekend. Rick found some virus files on there too so he had to delete the files on the server and I have rebuild them and upload them again. Will post on here when they are up again
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2014 9:13pm
by Mike Linthicum
NEW DURANT/STAR KEY CHAINS ARE IN! ORDER YOURS TODAY!
Hello Durantonians! Thanks everyone for your input and votes on the designs for the new addition to our Durant Store. The key chains are in and Bob says they are beautiful! Don't wait till an event, order yours today by sending $9.95 plus $2.05 ship...
Views: 581   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 3, 2014 12:03pm
by Todd E. Frye
Happy Christmas
Happy Christmas Durant club, hope you all have a great new Year! Keith & Jeanne Nordquist heres a little vid of our kind fun out here in the P.N.W.
Views: 269   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2013 5:41pm
by Keith N
Remember the DMAC Museum Fund in your last minute tax deductions!
Hello Everyone; For those of you in the United States looking for last minute tax deductions as we draw close to the end of the tax year please consider a donation to the DMAC Museum Fund. Those in the U.S. will be able to take the deduction to the Museum Fund s...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 27, 2013 4:30am
by Mike Linthicum
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of you!
I know it's early but many of you will be leaving this weekend to travel to family members and friends for the holidays or just too busy to check the DMAC forum. With the weather not being so friendly up there in the Northern part of the states, travel might be tedio...
Views: 288   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 24, 2013 8:09pm
by Bill DeVries
1923 Star Coupe
Hi, My son and I are looking for some information on my Grandpa's 1923 Star Coupe. Where is the dip stick located and does it come completely out? Our's may be rotted or broke. We also need to replace the MPG/Speedometer gauge and the muffler pipe. Any response...
Views: 372   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 22, 2013 3:59am
by Norm Toone
Repair or replace broken carburetor
I started restoring my 1927 Star "R" car six that been in storage for 21 years. It appears that the throat in the Zenith carburetor broke at the throat that enters in intake manifold when I opened it. I think the throat had ceased inside the body. I had soaked the ca...
Views: 504   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 14, 2013 7:03am
by Norm Toone
Firewall Senciled Markings
I noticed a marking on the firewall of my 1930 614 which was built in Oakland, CA. The marking is very faint but was made with a stencil and reads "A10". The letters are approximately 1 and 1/2 inches high, located on the upper passenger side firewall just below the...
Views: 245   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 12, 2013 7:54am
by Ross Hoevet
Durant factory info:
Hi All: I just returned from a meeting of our local club and a man next to me asked if there ever was a business connection between John North Willys and Billy Durant. I think there was some connection because of a factory purchase..?? Thanks for any info. Gary
Views: 301   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 12, 2013 4:37am
by Norm Toone
Valve timing for a Continental early 14L engine
Would anyone have the valve timing specs (such as valve opens @ "X" degrees before TDC). I found the specs for the 4 cylinder engine in the technical section and used that information for the 6 cylinder and it works, but I'm not sure that it is correct. Any inform...
Views: 425   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 11, 2013 3:02am
by Norm Toone
Inner Speedo Cable
Has anyone made an inner cable for the speedo? I've only got remnants, so I have to build a new one. The ends on this site http://www.classicandexotic.com/store/c-383-speedometer-tachometer.aspx (STW-0003 & STW-0004) look like the right ones. I see Restorat...
Views: 294   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 7:23pm
by Guy Belzil
Happy Birthday Billy!
Today in December 8, 1861 William Crapo Durant was born. Happy Birthday to the founder of the automobiles that we drive. Charlie
Views: 242   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 8, 2013 7:06am
by Charles A. Spitz...
WARNING - fake flash player required for this website, click download now - Don't Download!!
Subject: Fake flash player required for this website, click download now Question: When I go to the DMAC website it says I need to download flash player. Answer: First I must say that no changes have been made to the website that will require you to downloa...
Views: 760   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 7, 2013 6:53am
by Rick Botti
Yates & Doris Milton
Some of you have been unable to contact Yates & Doris lately, including me and was wondering if they were OK. I talked to him today and he has moved to the Moorehead City area of North Carolina which is nearer to the coast to be near his son and daughter. All of his...
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 6, 2013 2:32am
by Jim Greenamyer
29 Durant/27 Star available
I just received an email showing about 100 old vehicles for sale. Among them is a 27 Star Coupe and a 29 Durant. I have no other information but if anyone is interested call Len Schmidt Whitecity Saskatchewan 1 306-781-2415 lensauto888@hotmail.com
Views: 343   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2013 7:55pm
by Brian D.
Don't Access the Museum
For the time being please don't access the Durant Museum. I am in the process of cleaning the files posted there and this will take some time to complete. Rick
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 5, 2013 4:18pm
by Rick Botti
b
Ben
Durant Metal Signs
For anyone who wants a beautiful reproduction metal Durant Motors sign, Auto Trim Design in Ottawa, Ontario will make it in any size you like. An example of the original can be seen at http://www.durantcars.com/collectables/signs/F-30-0101-1.shtml Give them a cal...
Views: 298   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 3, 2013 8:23am
by Ben
Happy Thanksgiving
To all of our Durant friends, Peg and I extend to you a Happy Thanksgiving, and wish that each of you have a wonderful day. Peggy and Charlie
Views: 270   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 2, 2013 11:40am
by Ken McCormick
u joint ball kit
I am looking for a u joint ball kit for a STAR 1926, I email Frank but he did not anwers me
Views: 320   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 26, 2013 4:12am
by Henri Houle
Interchangeable parts manuals
Is it a good idea to buy an interchangeable parts manual, or is interchangeability the sort of stuff that other club members can provide on a case by case basis?
Views: 366   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 12:11pm
by Duncan Smeaton
Distributor A22
What make & model number was the original distributor used on a 1922 Durant model A22 4 cyl.?
Views: 354   Replies: 8
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 11:30am
by Frank Wilkie
DMAC registraions
This is a great and very interesting Car Club. I have been a member for only twelve months,but I have found the contacts with other Durant owners all over the world as nothing short of amazing.I love to read the Forum every week to see what is happening and catch up...
Views: 258   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 21, 2013 3:15am
by Robert N Heath
Durant Registry
I own a Durant 614 4dr. Sedan, which was once owned by Gary Kauffman in Penn. Who started the national durant club. So Ive tried acouple of times to Register this car, I have been a club member and no success of ever getting it done. If this car supposely with Gary s...
Views: 1351   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 20, 2013 8:44am
by dave enrico
Durant Rugby Lighter Photos and ????
Hi All...... Picked this up on eBay a while back. See the photos for details. It is engraved on the base with Durant Cars, Rugby Trucks, interestingly it is stamped with the same wording on the underside of the base. I have no idea when this was made, ther...
Views: 623   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 7:13pm
by Chai Ohayon
How to remove transmission
Since my engine is in the shop being rebuilt I want to remove the transmission and have it rebuilt locally. I have some other maintenance to perform while the transmission is out of the car as well. My question is, how is the transmission driveshaft removed?
Views: 369   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 18, 2013 12:17pm
by Rick Botti
D75 horn brand?
The D75 came with a horn that was mounted on the head bolt of the engine with a bracket. I have the original horn and bracket that has been partially restored years ago but a missing badge to state its brand. My question is, What brand horns went on the D75 models in...
Views: 414   Replies: 7
Last Post: Nov 17, 2013 12:03pm
by carol
Body top material?
As I look forward in my restoration project, I am pondering what the original type of top covering material was used for the D75 model Durant. Some of the terms used are Cobra short grain vinyl, Long grain vinyl, Colonial Grain Vinyl, and Black leather. Those of you...
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 17, 2013 7:20am
by Carol Fogarazzo
Hood trimming
I am looking for a supply company that sells trimming that is around the hood edges.I have purchased hood material from the USA for my Durant and have almost finished,but cannot find anyone that supplies this edging in Australia.
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 12, 2013 10:55am
by Robert N Heath
j
Jeff
Dealer sign
Can anyone place a value on a 4' x 8' dealer sign. It says low-cost transportation star cars durant motors. Appears to be a tin sign in the original wood frame. Sign is rusty but can still make out the letters
Views: 320   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 9, 2013 2:40pm
by Frank Wilkie
A sad day for all Durantonians!
I received this blog today from Hemmings Motor News. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2013/11/04/factory-where-chrysler-automobile-was-conceived-razed-in-new-jersey/?refer=news One of the last Durant plants, if not the last Durant plant will be torn down. Lea...
Views: 430   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 7, 2013 1:56pm
by Rick Botti
Another DeVaux found
First of all I have to thank Frank for the E-mail last night that led me to this find. There are some names on the Registry that go back a lot of years since last contact. This 31 Sport Coupe was last known to be in up-state N.Y. in the 80's. The man I just talk...
Views: 264   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 6, 2013 3:04pm
by DAVE ENRICO
steering box rebuilder
While the engine is out of the roadster, this might be a good time to have the steering box rebuilt. Any suggestions for a reliable person or company?? Rick
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 5, 2013 8:14pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
Club members, your choice, need a vote!
Another item for the club store. Below is a prototype of a new key ring for the club store. Please cast your vote for which one you like best design A or B. A: Left side with club logo on the key ring one sided B: Right side design with old Durant emblem on f...
Views: 948   Replies: 45
Last Post: Nov 2, 2013 11:36am
by Dave Schulte
Careful
I have a want for a left front fender on the parts forum & was answered by David Hardy from Kansas City KS. The picture sent was a beautiful rear fender for another car. I don't know if it was a scam or not, be careful. By the way, I still need a lt. frt. fender for...
Views: 255   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 1, 2013 6:14am
by Mike Linthicum
MESSAGE FOR GARY K.'S MODEL 60 PARTS PURCHASERS.....
IF YOU ARRANGED TO PURCHASE PARTS FROM ME FROM MY 60 COUPE OR STAR....SEND ME AN EMAIL WITH YOUR MAILING ADRESS AND TELL ME WHAT YOU WERE PROMISED ...I CANNOT FIND MY PRINTOUTS FROM YOU ALL THANX, GARY...FROGGYSROD@COMCAST.NET 610-279-3116 HOME
Views: 247   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 30, 2013 9:02pm
by GARY KAUFFMAN
A California Top
I met a guy who said his father had had a Star with a "California Top". He said it was a solid top that bolted on the touring car in place of a soft top. It had windows that slid to open. Has anyone ever heard of this?
Views: 408   Replies: 8
Last Post: Oct 29, 2013 7:18pm
by Rick Botti
Replacement Distributor Parts
Hey Star people, I have a friend that just purchased what we think is a '27 Star M2 as it is a 4 cly. motor. The current distributor has a potmetal housing and is a n autolite with a missing ID tag. The rotor is round and is approximately 2" in diameter w...
Views: 432   Replies: 12
Last Post: Oct 27, 2013 7:14pm
by Jim Greenamyer
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

The Durant Motors Automobile Club