Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Pickers
No! Frank No! No! We B Hoarders 2 No Pickers!
Views: 270   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2015 11:18am
by Frank Witkowski
Durant seen on American Pickers show last night
Anyone else see the 1922 Durant show up in the guy Charlie's garage outside Boston last night. Yellow touring car, not seen the light in many many years. Picker Mike said right away when he opened the garage door "A Durant", and then passed over it to look at the Pac...
Views: 238   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 13, 2015 5:27am
by Mike Linthicum
Distributor Replacement (DeJon)
My 24 Flint has a DeJon distributor (pot metal/die cast)and Jim Greenamyer sent me photos of other 6E six cylinder Continental engines using AutoLite distributors. Can anyone give me the AutoLite number so I can start my search?? Better yet, has any of you got a dist...
Views: 342   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 4, 2015 7:59am
by Yates Milton
Model 416 Rugby Truck
Well we are stumped about info on the 416 Rugby Truck that used the W8 engine. Seems to be a Leaside vehicle. Same clutch as the 406, 416, 615, 616. Same drive shaft and uni joints, same front / rear springs, same ring gear and pinion, same axle shafts, same drag lin...
Views: 226   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 3, 2015 1:05pm
by Norm Toone
Big day today!
Today marks a big day in the restoration of my Star. I started it and run it for the first time. It sits as a complete running chassis now, awaiting the body. It has been a while since I worked on the car and even longer since I've posted on the forum. Now I wi...
Views: 243   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 1, 2015 5:53pm
by Brian D.
Hatfield
Do any of you Durantonians know of anybody who has a Hatfield automobile? They were manufactured in Sydney, N.Y. between 1917 and 1923. I have some information on this car that I'd like to forward on. Thanks
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 3:50pm
by Hilkka Brucksch
29 Durant 66 sedan sold on eBay
This 29 Durant 66 sold recently on eBay. Thought some club members might be interested in hearing about it. Does anyone know if a club member bought it? eBay number: 221672470854 (the pictures are still up to look at) Seller Notes: “This is an origin...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 30, 2015 3:55am
by Norm Toone
Car hauling:
Looking for someone that is going from West coast East with a empty enclosed trailer. A star needs a ride. Contact me by E-mail only: garyyelle@msn.com. Thanks, Gary
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 26, 2015 10:06pm
by Gary Yelle
Who bought the 28 Durant sedan on eBay?
A gray colored 28 Durant 4 cylinder 4 door sedan was listed and relisted on eBay at $14,500 and finally was sold to someone who made an offer. Does anyone know if a club member bought the car? or what it finally sold for as a best offer? 1928 Other Makes FOUR DO...
Views: 257   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 22, 2015 7:02am
by Bob and Stephani...
Water Pump Gasket - and over heating
Looking for some guidance. The 1925 Star Service truck I inherited from my dad (Bob Krause) is having some over heating problems. I have taken the radiator off to test the flow rate, and there does not appear to be any blockage. I then took the water pump off an...
Views: 253   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 18, 2015 4:07pm
by Dick Krause
DeVaux
A 1930 DeVaux for sale at Motel T Haven.com
Views: 252   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2015 11:35am
by Ross
Locomobile bodybuilders
Hello! Did Central Manufacturing Company build Locomobile 8-70 bodies? I'm working on a project and I found this sign with other parts, which came with this car, but I can't say if it's original or not. It reads Central Manufacturing Co. F-2 554, material is alu...
Views: 218   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 13, 2015 4:59am
by Antti Lappalaine...
Locomobile Tow / Service Truck
While surfing the web, I mean conducting research. I found this interesting picture of a Locomobile and Durant dealer with a Locomobile tow truck. The full story can be found at this link: http://theoldmotor.com/?p=38555 Rick
Views: 313   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2015 2:49pm
by RIck Botti
Upholstery & Roof Question
I have a 1923 Dort, and an looking for some information on how to go about re-upholstering the seats. Are there kits for this type of vehicle that would work, or companies in the Mid-west area that I could contact to do the work? As a side note, I'm also looking...
Views: 277   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 12, 2015 4:55am
by Frank Witkowski
Car transport anyone?
I'm returning to the San Francisco area from Los Angeles later this week pulling an empty 30 ft enclosed car hauler. I'd be happy to haul a member's car.
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 10, 2015 10:43pm
by Vince O'Brien
devaux dash
hello everyone does anyone know who bought the devaux dash that was on ebay,i got there a little late i need to see if they will sell the pull knobs if there not going to use them,happy new year to all, please email me at davesplace2010@yahoo.com thanks dave a...
Views: 322   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 9, 2015 8:15am
by dave enrico
j
Jon
Stuck Clutch on 1923 Dort
I have a 1923 Dort which the clutch will not disengage from the transmission despite having the clutch plates separated. The photo describes the issue: The Flywheel Drive Pin (1) drives the Clutch Plates (2). The Middle Clutch Plate slides onthe three Clutch Pins (3)...
Views: 390   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 8, 2015 8:48pm
by Norm Toone
Radiator Paint
Any thoughts on painting the honeycomb radiator core on a 1923 A-22? The radiator currently on my car is a Star radiator and was either originally black or painted later and has a black painted surround. I am going to a correct Durant radiator on my A-22 and using...
Views: 642   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jan 7, 2015 6:13am
by Todd E Frye
Happy New Year 2015
To our Durant Family around the world, Peg and I wish all of you a very Happy New Year.
Views: 158   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 2, 2015 8:30am
by Yates Milton
Website Updates
1. Added pictures of Ray Acker's 1929 Model 60 Sedan to the Durant section of the Photographs page. 2. Added pictures of my 1931 model 619 to Durant section of the Photographs page. 3. Added a downloadable PDF copy of the Members car data form created by Steve...
Views: 415   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 31, 2014 11:01pm
by Rick Botti
TORQUE
Hi out there.A happy new year to all of you. I am looking for the torque on the gears of the crank shaft and the two others that hold the timeing chain on a 6 cylinder continental 14 L engine on the two engines that I have had rebuilt(boreing babet pistons connecting...
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 31, 2014 3:36pm
by Gerry Gouin
Season's Greetings
It is Christmas Eve Downunder, so it is an opportune time to wish all Durantonians and their families a Safe and Joyous Christmas and a Happy New Year. May your search under the Christmas tree be fruitful. My two special presents will arrive in the New Year - I hope....
Views: 202   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 25, 2014 3:16pm
by Gene House
merry christmas
hello everyone i just wanted to wish everyone a merry christmas and a happy new year,im in so calif and it looks like christmas day is going to be about 70 degrees and a beautiful day,i hope this message finds everyone happy and healthy,hope to spend more time with...
Views: 263   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 25, 2014 6:43am
by Bob and Stephani...
Update on Ed Vomero
I just talked to Ed this evening. Apparently he was run over by a car about seven weeks ago. He is presently in a rehab unit and doing very well. Many people have sent him cards, which he is truly grateful, but unable to respond with thank you cards. However, anyone...
Views: 268   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 22, 2014 8:03am
by Frank Witkowski
My Resume
Hi there Mr Lance Durant-Haynes; I really hate to bother you again about my end date at Lance Durant Chauffeuring, BUT, always the big butt...I have not been able to find a real job since coming to Woodstock, GA. We are not at all unhappy about the move we have a...
Views: 244   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 17, 2014 5:21am
by Janet Barnhart
Change of Email Address
Please change my email address to ymilton@ec.rr.com rather than nc.rr.com. My computer went South so had to start all over. Hated to use the Forum, but figure it was the quickest way. Change only the n to an e. Thanks Yates
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 13, 2014 12:39pm
by Yates Milton
Butters website
Does Butters have a website?
Views: 227   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 13, 2014 11:56am
by Norm Toone
Star Salesman's Sample
My daughter is a producer on a reincarnation of the TV show "Life Styles of the Rich and Famous". One of the subjects has a car & toy collection in the Dallas Forth Worth area. In it he had this salesman's sample of a Star. Have you ever seen one of these? Coul...
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 8, 2014 8:27pm
by Frank Witkowski
2 months
Well, two months ago we were on our way to NC for the Annual DMAC Conference. Never made it there with our car. But thanks to this wonderful DMAC Family, we made it to the Conference. (AND thank God for being with us when we had our accident). I just want to thank R...
Views: 340   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 4, 2014 2:06pm
by Peggy Spitz
What do they have?
There is some debate as to what these guys have.. They claim it's a chassis for a 1925 Durant truck. To me the W-5 motor tells me it is of Star origin. The hubs are smaller than the Durant These 2 1/4"(Durant- 2 3/8") Any thoughts? They are somewhat adamant th...
Views: 438   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 3, 2014 8:10pm
by Bert Babick
Restoring Old Gauges
I have been looking at my speedometer and wondering how and if it can be restored. Just recently I received an email suggesting I go to UTUBE and check out "1929 Willys Whippet First test Drive". I noted the beautiful job this gentleman did on his instrument resto...
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2014 11:52pm
by Bill Kronsbein
Happy Thanksgiving
To all our American friends: HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you all. We in Canada are just getting over all the turkey etc from our Thanksgiving several weeks ago. The Canadian Durant members wish you all the greatest Thanksgiving. Please drive safely as we do not wish...
Views: 193   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 27, 2014 5:08pm
by Charles Spitz
m
Marvin
1926 Durant radiator
Hi! I Just received a 1926 Durant radiator with the shell and would like to know if any one is interested in it! Thank You! Marvin
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 27, 2014 3:15am
by Bruce Butler
Parts/Chassis
I have stumbled onto a Star Touring chassis in a barn not to distant from me, and am considering acquiring it. The fellow bought it to make a rat rod out, but has gone a different direction. Pretty much has all the non-wood bits still there, but you can tell it sat...
Views: 264   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 27, 2014 2:28am
by Bruce Butler
Help with distributor spark advance setup.
Hi all. My car is missing the cable that hooks up to the distributor from the spark advance. I took a little closer look lately and also noted it looks like the housing is on backward. The bolt that holds the distributor on has twisted around to rest against the...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 24, 2014 5:07am
by Gerald Feather
Looking at a Durant for sale
I am looking at a 1930 4 cylinder Durant that is all original and in good condition. It runs well, shifts, stops, and the interior is still in good shape. The body is straight and in good shape with just a little rust. The man id asking $9,000 for it. NADA Classics d...
Views: 283   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 23, 2014 11:51am
by Gene House
'New' Engine
I thought I would share an update on my A-22 engine project. I purchased and retrieved a correct engine for my '23 in Canada this summer and it's been at a local machine shop for a a month or so. They are having a good time learning more about my ride and Durants i...
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2014 6:32am
by Durant Museum
Stuck engine
My Jr-8 ran about 15 years ago. After I bought it 4 years ago, I soaked the pistons with brake fluid & diesel fuel and the engine turned over easily. Now, after setting for 4 years, it is seized. Does anyone have any ideas on what I might try before I tear the eng...
Views: 420   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 18, 2014 5:50am
by Todd E Frye
d
Dave
Phil Donoghoue or Sid Semple
Does anyone have a current email address for Phil Donoghoe, or Sid Semple? Thanks, Dave Schulte
Views: 389   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 16, 2014 2:13am
by Sid Semple
Rear wheel bearings
Anybody sourced a replacement for the rear wheel bearings? I don't have any good ones and need to find something suitable. Thanks
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 15, 2014 12:16am
by Kevin Hitchcock
Kauffman era license plate topper at Salisbury NC Meet
Hey everyone: At the Salisbury Meet someone donated to the Museum a metal license plate topper from the Kauffman era of the Durant Star Owners Club. I for the life of me cannot remember who gave it to me. I remember sitting around the hospitality room with Frank,...
Views: 337   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 14, 2014 6:41am
by Durant Museum
Contributing to the DMAC Museum effort.
As the end of the year drawers to a close and the holidays will be upon us quick, those in the U.S. don't forget the DMAC Museum effort as you seek those last minute tax deductible donations before December 31st. The DMAC is a 501 (C)(3) IRS recognized non-profit org...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 13, 2014 3:25am
by Norm Toone
Down but not Out
OK folks, here's the latest. Some of you may have noticed me not being the best of neighbors and maybe not responding promptly. I went to a doctor today to arrange to have my plumbing altered in order to partake of a three times weekly dialysis. This condition was n...
Views: 379   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 12, 2014 6:42pm
by Don Shilling
Landau Bar Measurement Needed
Can anyone give me the hole to hole distance of the landau bars used in a 1927 Star Coupe please? Thanks as always!
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 12, 2014 2:06am
by Bill Kronsbein
Need measurements:
Hi All: What would be the measurements of the 31 Durant (614)4 dr and the 31 DeVaux 4 dr? How high, how wide and how long? Thanks, Gary
Views: 297   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 4, 2014 9:14pm
by gary k
b
Brian
Information wanted on a Star Motors engine. Head is marked W4A802B
Hello over the weekend I purchased a Star Motors engine. It seems almost impossible even with the internet to find much information on it. It seems to be complete from what I can tell. Could someone help me find information please? What is the model number? What HP i...
Views: 321   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 3, 2014 9:25pm
by Bert Babick
Cut out Switch
??? Cut out switch on A-22 1923. What is the main function of this switch. If it didn't work could this be a cause for Car not to start?
Views: 382   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 29, 2014 6:04pm
by Don Shilling
32 DeVaux at Hershey
Hi All: I just wanted to let everyone that is going to Hershey..(sure wish I could be there) to look for the 32 DeVaux convertible that came from Myron Cummings. The Reinke family now owns it and is ready to display it. Thanks, Gary
Views: 665   Replies: 11
Last Post: Oct 28, 2014 8:15am
by DAVE ENRICO
Durant Partner
Hi All, Fifteen years ago, Ralph and Judy Woodard started our then "No Name Newsletter" all in black and white and only 4 pages long. We now have a beautiful magazine the "DURANT PARTNER" that would rival any small club effort and would no doubt win. Jeff Gillis...
Views: 281   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 9:08am
by Yates Milton
Irving Kansas Durant Dealership
I have hunted my local area high and low for any sign of the historical presence of Durant and Star automobiles with little success other than the occasional anecdote. Yesterday, a wonderful lady volunteering for our local historical society came across a photograph...
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 24, 2014 8:04am
by Mike Linthicum
18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

The Durant Motors Automobile Club