Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
2017 DMAC Modesto Meet
Kudos to the Pacific Chapter for a job well done. The time, effort and hands-on you all did to make this a great meet showed! The trips were fun, sometimes educational (the museum and covered bridge) wow factor (the private collector tour with the high end cars), et...
Views: 331   Replies: 3
Last Post: Oct 13, 2017 5:48am
by Mike Linthicum
Rear Quarter panels for Star
I brought 2 rear Quarter panels for a star to the meeting. Does anyone know what became of them - The owner would like to know if they found a good home. Thanks Ken
Views: 189   Replies: 2
Last Post: Oct 11, 2017 3:25pm
by Rick Botti
Dort help needed. Any suggestions?
I received the following message from Paul, who's working on the restoration of a Dort engine. Let's see if we can lend a hand to get this one on the road again. Howdy: I found you through the Durant website. We are currently rebuilding the Lycoming DU engin...
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Oct 10, 2017 3:48pm
by Norm Toone
I'm selling my 1926 star I want to know how to go about doing so
Yes I'm wanting to sell my 1926 star. I have complete body and frame also title. How do I go about doing so. Thank you
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Oct 5, 2017 9:23pm
by Jon maisterrena
Tillotson JR5 Vs. JR5A
Hi. I am trying to find information that identifies the difference between a Tillotson JR5 and JR5A. Can anyone provide documentation or explain the difference between the two carbs? Thank you.
Views: 251   Replies: 1
Last Post: Oct 4, 2017 12:52pm
by Rick Botti
Safe Travels!
Hello Durantonians! As we get closer to the National meet in Modesto, California next week, many of you will start traveling in the next couple of days to get there. I'll be arriving myself on Tuesday, early afternoon. I hope everyone, especially those towing, t...
Views: 492   Replies: 15
Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 2:50pm
by Rick Botti
HERSHEY Fall Meet, October 4 through 7, 2017
Hello Durantonians! The DMAC will have the same two spaces this year at the upcoming October Hershey fall meet. This is the best advertising and recruitment for new members money can buy, when there are over 100,000 people attending and over 9,000 flea market s...
Views: 334   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 26, 2017 5:29am
by tom edmonds
That darn nut!!
I removed the bumpers from the 619 today, Lots of rust man o man. The rear bumpers were easy, in fact they almost fell off they were so lose. But the front bumper was another matter. The nut holding the carriage bolt on the passenger side of the bumper was very,...
Views: 360   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 20, 2017 4:01pm
by Rick Botti
c
carol
any one need a 1930+ radiator shell. see ebay
any body need a radiator shell? just saw one on ebay, and they are willing to bring it to Hershey! Hurry time is running out. This vendor is in the same field as the Durant motors automobile club booth, but up near the food vendors. http://www.ebay.com/itm/1930-1...
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 20, 2017 4:30am
by Norm Toone
Clutch will not fully disengage?
I have a problem where the clutch appears not to fully disengage. This car has the separate gearbox and rubber ball universal coupling. The travel is correctly adjusted and any areas where there was minor wear repaired. There is a new clutch bush with around 1.5...
Views: 206   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2017 9:12pm
by Vincent Edward O...
I need a Tillotson Sp13B-1
I am searching for a Tillotson Sp13B-1 some on help please
Views: 193   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 19, 2017 6:47am
by Mike Linthicum
Free Quarter Panels
Free, Free, Rear Quarter Panels from a 1926 Star Coach. Good condition, paint has been stripped to bare metal. No rust. Ken (Yukon Jack) McCormick is offering to transport said panels to the Modesto Convention at no charge. Pictures available on request....
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 18, 2017 10:43pm
by Ken Hoshowski
1929 Durant car radiator
I have a 29 Durant car radiator in great shape it holds water and flows through real good the shell is not rusted through just email me I'm willing to ship if need be you'll be responsible for shipping cost email me at guslaw38@gmail.com
Views: 223   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2017 6:09pm
by Don Shilling
The Cars that Made America
Hey Everyone; Very exciting news, if you watch the History Channel you'll start seeing advertisements for a 3 night special starting August 13, 2017 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time "The Cars that Made America". Many of the early car people will be featured, Henry Ford of...
Views: 470   Replies: 13
Last Post: Sep 15, 2017 6:54am
by Mike Linthicum
Hurricane Irma
Hello Durantonians; Well Frances and I are hunkering down and riding the hurricane out in our home just East of Orlando. Plenty of water, canned soups, comfort foods, kerosene lamps (One lucky thing about collecting them for a number of years, I have about 7 ol...
Views: 406   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 12, 2017 7:03pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
DMAC Meet in Modesto, CA
The met turnout is looking real good, in fact for a brief moment we ran out of rooms. BUT, we arranged for 14 additional rooms at the Ramada Inn and should those fill up the hotel next door has set aside 10 additional rooms. So pickup your phone and call the Ramada I...
Views: 281   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 12, 2017 6:37pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
b
Brock
Ruby 1932
I am going to restore a 1932 Ruby truck and would greatly appreciate any leads on where I could source various parts for the truck. For example, are there suppliers that might have steering and brake system parts? thanks for your help Brock
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 12, 2017 12:46pm
by Norm Toone
Headlight bar and gas tank
Hello all, I am entering my '26 Star in our Orpahan Car show here in Michigan on the 17th of this month. I'm sure i may be a little late in asking, but life has gotten in the way of thinking about it sooner! My car is all original and unrestored. I have every p...
Views: 199   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 8, 2017 10:27am
by Don Shilling
Removing slushing sealer from fuel tank
Hi guys: Back in about 1970 or 71 I had the fuel tank on the Frontenac sealed with slushing sealer, and done at the local airport shop. Have driven the car over 70,000 miles since with no problems until now. This new "ethanol" in our fuel is playing havoc with the...
Views: 343   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 7, 2017 3:12pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Coupster won't run properly!!
Hey everybody! In preparation for the meet in Medesto, we have started to take a more in depth look at the Coupster after it decided to suddenly die on us in Orillia. Anyways, digging into it we have found that it gets way too much gas and is only running on 2 cylind...
Views: 305   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 4:39pm
by Shane
1932 Durant
Hi sam here, new to Durants. Found a 1932 model 619 4door and wondering about availability of parts and possible value restored. This car needs a few parts and a TOTAL restoration. Thanks ahead for any advice!
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 6, 2017 4:58am
by Norm Toone
Trouble on the way.
Looks like I may have to cancel my plans . Wife had a brother pass away and the service is scheduled for Oct 1. I am trying to work around it but it doesn't look good . May be able to go to the first part of the meet but would have to leave in time to drive home...
Views: 403   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 31, 2017 5:35pm
by Rick Botti
club meeting
Sent my registration to PAM today. Tomorrow will send my hotel check and get my room reserved-- Brace yourselves--I am coming again./ And (as usual) will have my yukon jack with me. See you all soon. Ken
Views: 579   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 28, 2017 9:42am
by Gerald F
ROOF ASSEMBLY
HELLO EVERYONE DOES ANYONE HAVE PICS OF A 31 DEVAUX COUPE WITH THE TOP FABRIC OFF,IM GOING TO START THE WOOD REBUILDING SOON AND SOME OF MY WOOD HAS GONE MISSING OVER THE YEARS,I PURCHASED THE DEVAUX IN 1970 AND HAVE HAD IT IN STOTAGE ALL THIS TIME ALONG WITH A 32 D...
Views: 279   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 24, 2017 7:40am
by DAVE ENRICO
Corporate Officers Durant Motors Inc.
Anybody know who the Corporate Officers were of Durant Motors Inc, and the other car companies under Durant. We know Durant was the President, how about Vice President, Treasurer etc? Don't know that I've ever seen a list of heard of any of them.
Views: 181   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 21, 2017 2:33pm
by Mike Linthicum
I need a FIX!
I'm getting antsy for a Westbound roadtrip so I can get my Rocky Mountain Fix! Four and a half weeks to go and time seems to just drag by! I've got all my paperwork in and motels reserved. See you all in Modesto.
Views: 254   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 21, 2017 12:38pm
by Brian Johnson
Fuel pump / carburator issues
Hello my Durant friends, I have not been able to bring my beast to life this year and am looking for some advice. To start with: - I have changed spark plugs and put new fuel in the tank - I have checked and do have spark at the plugs - When I inject gas i...
Views: 362   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 19, 2017 4:53pm
by Don Shilling
Question on Tillotson Carb JR5A
I have an older carb here on the shelf- a Tillotson JR5A is which an after market J5A updraft carb for a 20's car. Anyone ever try or run one of these things on a Star or Durant? Just wondering as it is built strong and no-nonsense. Thanks- just wondering, Jim Ch...
Views: 1916   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 12:21pm
by Norm Toone
Autum Meet at Modesto
Accommodation booked, plane tickets collected and paid for. Arriving on 24/09/2017 in San Fransisco.Looking forward to meeting you all in Modesto.
Views: 416   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2017 8:28am
by Rick Botti
j
Jim
Head gasket
Does anyone know where to find a head gasket and manifold gaskets for a w5 continental engine?
Views: 275   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 12, 2017 5:20am
by Jim
Yet another Fuel Pump thread. I am thinking of switching over to one for a bit.
Hi Everyone. It's been a while since I posted. I haven't had time to work on the car, but I have finally a free week coming up here and I want to see if I can solve my stalling fuel problem as well as my timing issue. Before my question a quick summery of what...
Views: 188   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2017 1:56pm
by Gerald F
Colors offered for 1929 model year?
OK club members, Does anyone know of how many and what colors were offered for the 1929 model year? Particularly for the Model 40? Other than black of course.
Views: 551   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 10, 2017 7:24am
by ALEXANDER SANGER
n
Nathan
Durant Star engine for sale
Hello. I recently came across a Durant 4 cylinder and a few other miscellaneous parts. The tag on the motor says Star W5-389355 Durant Motors of Canada Ltd. I took the head off and cleaned things up a bit. The cylinders look good however there is some damage in...
Views: 1913   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 9, 2017 5:40am
by john pardy
durant star water pump and pump driveshaft
i recently purchased a 23 durant star speedster. i am looking for a water pump and the shaft that goes from the generator to the pump. any help at all would be greatly appreciated. i can be called or texted at 269 362-8184 thanks in advance for any help....john
Views: 246   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2017 2:23pm
by john pardy
Help
I need to remove the steering wheel for repair. I can't figure out how to remove it from the column. Who has an answer. Feel free to call or email me anytime if you can help me. Cell is 319-201-0521
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 1, 2017 9:23am
by Jim Cooke
Wanted two or four star durant connecting rods
Hello everyone I'm restoring a very rare aircraft engine known as the long harlequin, it's a two cylinder apposed engine that uses 1929 harley Davidson jd cylinders and uses two star continental connecting rods part number wd400_4 if anyone has a pair to sell please...
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2017 7:27pm
by Don Shilling
Photobucket
Got an email from Photobucket saying it will not allow 3rd party posting. Going on their site this was effective June 1 2017. Not sure what they are talking about as I just tried posting a pic using the method we have used for years and pic was in DMAC Forum. The Sha...
Views: 493   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 28, 2017 4:00am
by Norm Toone
Auto Electrical
Great blog! There is lots of good information, not only me but also everyone can understand it easily. http://acautoelectrical.co.nz/
Views: 185   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 26, 2017 3:22am
by Trump Marry
How to take apart Hood Latches
I've removed three of the four hood latches on my 1931 Model 619. However, I've run into a problem dissembling them. I removed the pin that secured the cap, but I can't see how to remove the spring inside?? Rick
Views: 221   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 25, 2017 7:25am
by Rick Botti
m
mike b
car slogans
While having breakfast this morning in benica, calif, I had some people come up and asked questions about my flint and durants motor cars. One question they had was if I knew the car slogan for all Durant motor cars. The ones which I came up with was Durant "Just a r...
Views: 331   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 21, 2017 7:42am
by Tom Schaffer
Annual meeting
Looks like I am coming to see you folks again . Cant talk Norma into it but I figure to be there . Will be sending in the registration and fees soon
Views: 190   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 20, 2017 8:49pm
by Ken McCormick( b...
m
mike b
torchlight parade
Want to thank all the people that attended the torchlight parade in Benica, ca and wish all Durantonians a very happy July 4th. pictures will be posted soon.
Views: 283   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 8, 2017 9:07am
by Rick Botti
Extra High Enclosed Trailer
I'm looking to buy an extra high enclosed trailer but am concerned about how it tows. If you have one, I'd appreciate your comments.
Views: 216   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 6, 2017 4:06pm
by Bill DeVries
new pictures Dort and Star
I added new pictures to the Photographs section. 1924 Star Model F Touring and 1920 Dort Model 10 Roadster Owned by Bob DeAngelis The 1924 is a new picture taken since the car has been restored. Rick
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 8:43pm
by Rick Botti
Engine stalls unless choke fully closed
My 1929 D-60 stalls unless the choke is fully closed. To eliminate any possibility that the problem would originate from the gas tank, fuel supply line, or vacuum tank, I've tried feeding the carburetor by gravity directly from a container about 8" above the float bo...
Views: 260   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 1:20pm
by Gordon F. Curl
Durant Gathering - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hey everyone! The Guelph Durant Gathering will be next weekend. June 29 to July 2. It is not too late to plan on arriving. Check the registration form under Club events. We would love to see you here. There is a great tour planned for the 30th plus other even...
Views: 251   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2017 5:38am
by Frank Witkowski
Passing of long time DMAC member Rheal Meilleur
It is with great sadness that I post that long time DMAC member Rheal Meilleur of Cornwall, Ontario Canada passed away yesterday after a short battle with an aggressive cancer. Rheil was not only a big man of stature, but a big man with a big heart. He always brighte...
Views: 355   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 22, 2017 12:56pm
by ED Vomero
the car runs
Started it up and it runs good. All I have to do now is fix brakes so I can stop it. Kinda spooky coming down my driveway. Afraid I was gonna run right thru my garage. That,s my job for tomorrow I guess. Then a lot of body work to get it looking better. Maybe...
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 21, 2017 11:55am
by Norm Toone
New facebook page devoted soley to the 2017 Meet in Modesto, California.
Hi Everyone, This is to officially announce that I've created a new Facebook page that is devoted to the 2017 DMAC Meet in Modesto, California. There is a button located on the bottom of the left panel for quick access. This is a closed group to keep out spamm...
Views: 228   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2017 6:52am
by Rick Botti
Ran out of gas while hill climbing
What is the recommended procedure for climbing long hills when you have a vacuum fuel pump. Pull over every few minutes and let the fuel pump fill up? I have just completed a move to the foothill community of Yucaipa, California. Took the Durant out this morning for...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2017 5:07pm
by Brian Johnson
10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

The Durant Motors Automobile Club