General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
oil city snowball

when is it?

Re: oil city snowball

day before superbowl i was told..we are getting in..will the welfare king Russ Gregory put up or will he not come and play us..i will ask the suttles if they will match us against each other 1st round

There could be one earlier depending on the weather, If we get alot of snow in the next few weeks it could be moved up, or there could be another one added plus the one in Feb.

23 WHO THE HELL ARE YOU ANYWAYS? I dont know you so whats up with the ******** about us Moose is going down this year if they play league in oil city we picked up eddie mac and andy hites plus another guy off car connection !! it will be pay back for all those welfare cracks Moose Turd

oil city league suxs.and the moose is over.no more moose club.

Go To The Dome In Feb. And Play Some Good Teams Moose Hunter.Or Ocean City Labor Day Weekend.

You guys crack me up. For two or three years I have watched this board and it's constant bickering regarding this topic (Oil City and some form of a Warren, PA team). Everyone hiding behind some stupid name ranting and raving about the Oil City league and some form of the old Cougar Bob's team. Why do you feel picking up Eddie Mac, Andy Heights or whoever is going to make a difference. Generally speaking some form of Cougar Bob's (Superior Tire, Onyx, NBS Trucking, TFC, Moose Club, etc.) consisting generally of Warren guys and a few pickups have won just about everything hosted in Oil City during the past 2-3 years and because of it some people have either been jealous or just had an issue with it. Yes I will agree that at some point in the game/tourney the Warren team will bicker/flight/argue about a call but that's just the way they've always played. You have to admit though that as a whole things have gotten much better. I do feel that of the leagues in Western PA that I have personally played in that Oil City is by far one of the least competitive. It's easity been dominated by 1 or 2 teams over the last 5 years. That is the biggest factor in why the Cougar Bob's team will not be coming back to it this coming spring. Now go ahead and make your comments here...... But seriously it isn't worth the hour drive to get 5 or 6 swings a game and score 25-30 runs for a 5 inning non competitive game. I will admit once in a while things were a bit different but 90% of the evenings were a waste of gas. I think that the people who have had the biggest issues with the Cougar Bob's team have based their opinions about the team off of a few individuals. Also they aren't taking into consideration that like every other tournament team Cougar Bob's is out to win every inning let alone every game. They are going to and have always played hard and taken things very seriously ...yes sometimes too seriously but that's the mentality a winning team needs. As for all this hiding behind computer keyboards people need to grow up. Just wait till the spring and see who's better on the field. Or like someone said earlier some of the better teams in Pennsylvania and surrounding states looking to get some playing in over the winter will be down in Neville Island outside of Pittsburgh over the winter. Come join us, we'd love to have you.

Pickle9

YEAH THE REASON WHY YOU GUYS ARE HATED PRETTY MUCH WHERE EVER YOU GO IS THAT YOU DO HAVE SOME GUYS THAT RUN THEIR MOUTHS AND MOST OF THEM ARE YOUR WORST PLAYERS YOU HAVE HAD SOME CLASS GUYS BUT NOT MANY. BETWEEN THE LOUD MOUTHS, THE DRUGGIES, THE WIN AT ALL COST SCREW OVER YOUR NORMAL GUYS OVER TO BRING IN RINGERS FOR TOURNAMENTS YOUR TEAM HAS BEEN A MODEL FOR HOW NOT TO RUN A TEAM. SO MANY GUYS HAVE LEFT THAT TEAM SAYING THEY WOULD NEVER RETURN THAT IT MAKES YOU WONDER IF YOU WERE HALF AS GOOD AS YOU SAY YOU WERE.

Mike,

You made some good points and I will be the first to admit that over the years your team and mine have not got along, and even to this day even though last year was much better between our teams I know there are some bad feelings still there. But also like you said its 2 or 3 guys on your team that have caused the problems one way or the other and there are alot of people in this town and elsewhere that have it out for you guys in one form or fashion and probably will as long as certain guys are on your team.

I really am hoping that in some form or fashion you guys bring a team back to the league it makes all of the other teams better playing against you guys. And I will give you guys the credit over the last 2 years you have won pretty much everything and deservingly so you probably would have won Oil Heritage last year if it hadnt been rained out ,you play more and practice more then probably any other team in the league.

But one thing in your post you kinda hinted that it was only "oil city" players hiding running their mouths behind fake names etc ,both you and I know that its gone both ways back and forth. I thought everything went smooth in league last year and was hoping to have you guys come back, dont let Gregory and that group influence you to stay away. If you guys dont come back good luck this year!!

who are the druggies you are referring to? gorrilla stud u should be happy the moose is done.. the guys on that team were way overrated anyways

no guys ever left that team? name them...know the facts STUD

I can name ya a few Zerbe,Nels,Rosie,Dave,Blue,Pickle for awhile last year and from this year jack , jonny,cummings and benson

u only wish u knew STUD...see ya in the spring

u only wish u knew STUD...see ya in the spring

dont forget hummell,hadley,Snyder(2yrs ago)the 2 guys from tionesta,Ficarri,farr,campbell,

Dont worry Ron or whoever ya are we were gonna win the league this year even if you guys ,car connection, and dashers hadnt broken up

we took the two best players off double play that just leaves shaffer brothers and maybe siemibda's if the get a team in league this year

quit ******* about having to drive an hour no one forced ya to come down and no one is sorry to see ya go

hey russ your team will never win the league down there and u 4 sure will NEVER beat our team..bring it on welfare boy..my pick to won the league this yr goes to CAR CONNECTION, the only team to give ONYX a game last yr

good luck marvin this year is the league.