General Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Any NC news? D that is.

Is there any off season news out of NC? Who switching teams,any teams going belly up or new ones forming? Im asking about the d teams, I know who cares right? The other 28 teams that play for fun not for glory. I guess its early but Im just curious. Can Scheemers do it again, will Twnsp Tan take over, will Hometown be able to keep up or are there new squads competeting?

Re: Any NC news? D that is.

Havent heard much on the NC circuit except for Crum is playing for at least 4 other teams in the same D div. Plus he is moving up to the glorified C div- (dont shoot yourself in the foot Crum) definately good enough to play up there but what fun is it not being able to play in tourneys round here. Everybody wants him but who will get him is the question. MoTown wants him bad cause they need ANOTHER homerun hitter in the lineup cause they COULDNT get it done with the 6 1/2 they have now, maybe they should try a different approach to softball -its called D-FENSE load up in that area cause HRs cant field the ball. Watching Motown run around the bases with HRs gets BORING after 6 games and they still have trouble finding a WIN. and Crum CANT play C,1st, SS, 3rd plus half of the outfield TOO, He's good but C'mon. TWP TAN is still 2gether says the rumor, Scheemers is staying D says the rumors, Guess we will have to wait till April 05' to find out what the truth is.

Mahoningtown had 6 1/2 Homerun Hitters in the Fall, Summer Ball is a whole different thing!!! Crum is good, but even good players strike out!!! Is Schemers gonna be moved up to the Upper Division, like Car Connection and First Church had to??? Can the Preston Dawgs repeat???? Will Brub buy a New Cadillac with next years entry fees??? So many questions, so little time.........

From my understanding, those teams chose to move to the upper division,I dont think that was Brubs thing.

Hey Rock-Motown didnt play fall ball! a couple of their players played with different teams though, and in the summer they had four or five power hitters - Smith, Adamo, Morgan, JP to name a few, and they still couldnt get it done. So now the rumor is they are signing Crum and B. Manifrang to add to the collection. lead Off said it best- "HRs CANT field the ball" Defense Wins the game for you. Example- The Pub, VERY solid Defense ( minus RF) and they went 26-6 overall with only one HR threat, I think they turned 20+ middle infield double plays, but dont tell nobody cause they will have to move up to C Shhhhhh!! and they had Less than 10 HRs all year, and its only their first year together. So Lead Off was right. Now lets hear the Critics from above say some garbage like- Well they play in the lower division....Who cares, a ground ball is a ground ball- gotta still field it. A ball in the gap- gotta have speed to get to it. But the C gods will say "it aint a laser or a BB, cause its off of a D players bat" BS%#! PLEASE DONT TELL me there isnt anybody in D that cant LASER the ball to the left side and up the middle. If people believe that I want their number so I can sell the the London Bridge, and deliver it to them in a pickup. My bet is Brub pays off his trimmed in gold SUV (i think the greek trimmed it up for him)Wait, he payed that off with the pocketed 04 money! I think he builds another garage this year to store the new caddy

No, many people care since there are more D teams in NC than anything else.

No word on any new leagues as of the current time. I'm sure there will be many changes as far as teams go, who's leaving, who's coming in.

Breaking NEWS:
Schaasy has signed his 2005 contract with NCAC. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, with the exception of his uniform clause (no tiedyes)..........

The annual Memorial Day trip is still up for discussion.

That's Breaking News....

Now back to the other post.
Rumor has it Brub does not want to use Motown this year, moving to West Pittsburg.

Was down Progressive the other day and walked the field, the infield is good since they took the hump out. The outfield needs a lot of work, especially left center to right center. And, obviously the lights would have to be addressed.

At both Gaston and Progressive, some work is going to have to be done before the season starts, at Mo-town, the crushed brick mixed in the infield, is all starting to flow towards home plate.

You guys all know if I hear anything about leagues, I will post ASAP.

Seriously
Everyone have a great holidays.
Schaasy

From what I understand... Fisrt Church has split, Mulligans may not have a team and Kar Konnection is no more. And most of the "lower" division teams are looking to get better. Twnsp Tan lost a few guys,Hometown needs a few guys and Scheemers should get a few they will be a marked team for winning it, and then talking some stuff. I havent heard of any new teams forming at all, that may be a first for around here. As for the "free agents" Id imagine the left overs from Mulligans will play with PF or TTime-somewhere-,same goes with FC, most of those guys will Tony,Kar Kon guys will try to jump on one of our "junk" lower division team. That is good news for some teams looking for infielders, wasnt KK inf touted as the best in town last year? I know its early but this keeps up the intrest if the off season.

1st off motown didnt even play fall league, west played with shads, flip an gerellos sisters played with chills, 2nd They won the big brothers tourny were 50 others tryed, so how can you say they cant win, they came in second in the season because they choked against scheeemers, they won the first game an blew a big lead in the 2nd, adding crum an brandon only makes them more solid dont hate, projected line up,,, motown
1b morgan
2b filappone
ss vilanni
3b lepore
p adamo
c dh smitty lou voto
of crum, west, b manafrank, boston flora gerello
their issue this year is they got to many outfielders,, an thats if crum dumb even plays hes selling tickets for 8 different teams right now,,

This is the latest news, straight from the horses mouth.

Brub, is looking to put together a upper division this year that will actually be a upper division, not a bunch of pickup teams. Teams of interest in this are as follows:

T-Time, PF, NCAC, Titans, a team from West Middlesex area, and a team from Mercer, have also heard Township tan may want in. If this goes it will be a good league.

A couple of new rumors are floating around; Brian Grear may become a member of the Time, and Crum is inquiring about playing with PF.

I think this would be a really good thing. We absolutely do not need to reform the 7th Ward League, or have a startup league form in the Burg. Keeping all of the teams in one league is definitely the way to go.

I'm not sure I understand why Township Tan would want to be a part of this, unless they have added some players that I am not aware of.

Also, I thought Rob Miaker (sp?) was playing with Motown.

The Horses Mouth was almost correct. Its true Brub is wanting to start an Upper Division. It all depends if he can get enough teams to commit to the upper div, he has talked to teams from Sharon, Mercer, Ellwood, and a team from Wilmington, along with the mentioned. Rumor says Brub is trying- TRYING to get all 3 fields, Gaston, Motown, and West Pittsburgh, to run the league like last year plus a good upper division. As far as Twp. Tan playing in the upper, thats a False statement, they are playing in the D division as they did last year with the thoughts of moving to the National Div with Scheemers and Motown etc. Speaking of Crum, last I was told he was playing with Motown along with his cousin Brandon Manifrang, How do I know this, cause they both went to the Motown team meeting and Crum is going to play wherever Brandon plays, so that excludes PF. Why Motown ? Maybe they offered him a Good Beer Contract. They better pick up people to play DFense or they will be in the same boat as last year, what happens to the existing Motown team mates when Crum, Manifrang, Votto come aboard ? Guess we will have to wait till spring to find out who throws in their glove and sits or quits cause 3 more HR hitters have arrived- 2 out of 3 on DFense aint bad. My question is - If those 3 mentioned jump ship to Motown, Who dont make the final cut from last years team ? And as for B. Grear..... Who Cares !!!
Thats straight from the Horse Trainers Mouth

The upper division is a divsion of teams that just play to get ready for the weekends, then they play their butts off. Ive seen alot of those guys play in town and they just go through the motions or they only have 9 guys,its sorta boring to watch them in town,really. Also I thought most of those teams folded,Titans,Mulligans,Car Connection. If they did who are their players playing with?"WE" plan to get a few top notch players added before the season starts. I though Township Tan picked a few guys up from Car Connection. and this Motown team, why is this the most talked about team on here? Becasue they won big bros. tourney? Scheemers, Township Tan,Hometown,Motown in one league sounds like some good competition. Theyre pretty even in talent. Maybe its the team that has the better offseason(pick ups) that will win the league.

And who is "WE"??

I had heard earlier in the fall that the Titans were folding, but I'm not so sure about that now. I talked to one of their guys last week, and it sounds like they're going to have a team again. I can't say for sure who's going to be on it, but if I were a betting man I would bet that they'll be back.

Several people have told me that Car Connection is history, and I believe that this team is finished. That being said, there are a couple of pretty good players on that team who could really help some of the teams in the middle division (the one with Scheemers, Hometown, etc.) get better.

As for Mulligans, I really don't know what to think about them. It seems to be that they threw their team together last year at the last minute, and they ended up coming in 2nd place. I just can't imagine those guys not playing, but you never know what's going to happen.

Must agree with Joe Softball. Those Mulligan guys will definatly play, if they get teams from out of town, I see the Mulligans guys playing with PF. Kar Konnection is most certainly history accoring to their players. Id imagine that most of those guys will play with Titans or the better mid division teams. Those Titan guys are pretty dedicated to the game, they wont fold regaurdless of rumors.

Is it true that the Big Cat won the Power Ball last week?

This thread is absolutley hilarious!!! First off, Muligans was/is PF, I mean 7 of their starters were on the PF roster and one was from T-Time. Secondly, Schemers and Township Tan better shovel Brub's sidewalks and Scrape his car window's, because if he puts them in the upper division, they wont have fun all summer. Thirdly, who is this Mahoningtown Team, seriously, these same guys have been getting beat for years, they "loaded" up for the Fall League and got paddled right out of the Playoff's!!! Fourthly, Who is Justin Crum and what has he done to warrant all of this Jock Lovin?? Seriously, the true question for next year in BenFranklin, is who can afford to sign Mike "Pumpin Up" Noviello??? This guy should have been named MVP, if Brad Herb hadnt smashed a whole family of Squirrels out of the tree's in Left Feild. Mike single handly paddled NCAC into the down spiral that caused Schassy to see a therapist!!! Well, time for Monday Night Countdown, looks like were gonna review Wayne "Smoltzy" Parsons VS. Eric "Middle's Closed" Herb for the best pitcher in Western PA, should be a classic and he could, go all the way!!!!

First off, Brub won't put anybody in the Upper Division. Any team that plays there is there because they chose to play up. From what I know, Scheemers has no intention of going to the Upper Division. Township Tan, on the other hand, played in the bottom division last year, and as far as I know their plan is to move up to the middle division next year to compete with Scheemer, Hometown, etc.

Motown did not play as a team in the fall league, so I don't know where you're coming from with that comment. There were a couple of guys that played in the league, but they didn't all play together, and it was surely not a "loaded team."

A C-Town team has formed and will be entering into the NC league this coming year. Good young team looking to have some fun and play some ball.

Team Name C-Town 2005

Welcome back C-Town..........I think any C-Town team should be allowed to use Chewton as a home field.

Will the boyz from C-Town bring us Pizza from the Fire Dept. on Friday's. We here it is good.

Either that or wings from the Polish White Eagles club.

Will you guys please get off my Jock with all of these posts about me!! Please, my palms are getting sweaty and I feel like I'm gonna go down looking again.... Please, I'm not the greatest thing since toilet paper, maybe the next best thing to creamy peanut butter, but not the greatest softball player!!!!

December 17, 2004, Time 11:10AM

Log 1

I have officially brought in “Mr. Crum” to go over the ego trip problem. Lately he hasn't been himself. Not able to fit inside his house, car, college dorm, or his classrooms. The size and weight of his cranium is emaculant! We have let some air seep out, but still, lots of work is yet to be done.

He has been making weekly visits usually 6 out of the 7 days. We've become extremely aware of how big his n*t’s got to fit into everyone’s mouth. This is worrying us, because most nutriders seem to leave him hanging with blue balls. This result is not good for today’s society, and would appreciate the reach around finisher, along with facials.

In conclusion to my previous studies, we advise all salad tossers to please quit jamming untraceable items into his rectum. This has resulted in anal infections and numerous laser surgeries. If you’re going to proceed with the following, then do not rape this victim. He is a perfectly good human being and with the right set of legal supplements could turn out to be a decent softball player.

Thank You and Good Day,
Dr. Joseph D. Nicholas

Justin, these guys talk **** on u cause they arent u. Ignore these guys there opinions are 2nd rate and pointless. Just play the game brother and get better than you are, leave it on the field caust this who calls who what BS isnt worth ur time. The real ballplayers around know what u can do, I know guys who played back in the heyday of NC softball, all A ball players when such a thing exsisted, and more than 1 said u could start on any team they played for and 99% of teams they played against at,state and national levels, so dont sweat it kid, be urself and play the game.

I heard that a trio of ball players got in touch with coach of Schemers via cell phone. Names cant not be mentioned yet cause of contractual restrictions. Do they have the room, is it worth possibly stepping on a couple guys feet who are full time starters? It would definetely give them more youth, power, and speed, but are they willing to break up what has been a very close knit bunch to be a better team, only time will tell.

heard rob miaker is trying to sign with mo town but nothing has been finalized yet, if this is true send a post cuz i would love 2 sign this guy, heard he has been workin out hard this offseason!!!!!

yup its official!

Im back-a little sticky and crusty, but Im back! I too have heard the monster Scheemers news. If its true(I'll leave it up to their players to break the news) they are adding strong players to a championship team! ALthough not sure about the getting younger part! Rumors have told me to look for officail report after the holidays or early January. I will leave a hint: Are Scheemers about to get some of their former "rivals" to roam the infield?

Scheemers possibly adding some fresh blood is indeed a tasty little story line. I don't know who they are referring to, (I wish I did!!) but they're doing the right thing by not naming names. There's no sense in ******* anybody off until you're 100% sure as to who you're picking up. That being said, I think that the Scheemers could really benefit if they pick up the right players. They still have some older guys that could be replaced, and as long as they do things the right way, their team will emerge that much stronger. Either way, I am looking forward to seeing how this turns out.

right off the press contracts have been made and signed straight out of the slums of m0 town miaker crum and brandon m, have all committed.
thats really gonna hurt seeing miaker and c rum in them mOtown jerseys.uggggggggggh. them are some really good pickups give it up for mO to have the recruiting power that he possesses.

I'm like the ASA "D" version of Steinbrenner! lol

Those are some pretty good players, so if this is indeed true then Motown should be much improved.

Well Barbara, I didnt thing any1 else would find out bout that rumor because it was classified but ur contact seems to be a very good one, thanks for not spilling beans though, because its not official. Do you think it would be a smart move for the Scheemers to pick up these 3 ballplayers, and ur sorta rite about the other part bout getting younger, although not much longer, they will definetely get a little younger, if u know who they are going to probably replace.

Well,mr I hate snow, I wouldnt spill the beans or name drop on something that isnt officail. I dont really now who the 3 players may/will be replacing but picking up guys in their 30s and getting younger, is a great feat! Yes, those guys are good guys and great players and an asset to any team.As a matter of fact I may take one of them on a date this week!Haha. Between Scheemers and Motown this sounds like the Yanks and Red Sox!

That would be the "Red Booties" and "Little Yankees", because neither one of these teams will be playing in the upper division..........

Get over yourself Bud, it doesn't matter what teams play in what division. This thread has been about the "D" teams, so if you don't like talking about them then don't read it.

I dont know why u guys are talkin **** on crum, he hasnt said anything to anybody. yeah he is a good player but he has never acted any differently about it. He knows he is good, but that doesnt mean he gets big headed. U guys that talk all the trash are jealous, thats the bottom line.

Why dont you guys laugh and find humor in those posts??? It's funnier reading the posts about who Screamers and Moanerstown are picking up, then listening to your philosophies. Keep posting the humor, but somebody tell me who picked up Mikey "Pipes" Noviello?????????

I heard the Titans are interested in this young free swinger. They need a clutch hitter and this kid is it.

Haven't heard too much about the Titans so far. Rumor has it that they are returning most of their players, but they will surely have to add at least a couple of guys to their roster.

Hey bud, if i was them i wouldnt play in the Upper Division anyways, because u guys are just so good that someday u be playing in the majors and what chance would any of us D ball players have. U guys are just so good i mean u should be on sportscenter, dah dah dah, dah dah dah. So take ur big contract and your big fancy high school vocabulary and save it for the bigs. Ball is ball no matter what level u play on, when u get to A, win a state championship, get bak to me.

U know whats funny is that you can tell as soon as someone who isnt a D ballplayer spits some BS on this website, cause 90% of the time they arent talking to other C ballplayers, theyre ripping on any comment on what D ballplayers write, or think, or who respective teams in their division are picking up. U guys need to let it go and find better things to do. Im going to apologize rite now for all us lousy D ballplayers who arent good enough to play in all your reindeer games. We suck, we are inferior, we dont even deserve to be on the same field or mentioned in the same breath as you great players and we well try to stay out of your way. I wonder if B class ballplayers rip on you and you feel inferior to them. I dont see any D class players making unwelcomed remarks to you cause we think we r better. Did you ever think that we enjoy seeing you guys play and respect what you do as long as you play the game rite and dont disrespect us. And maybe someday hoping that out team reaches that level and can compete with you guys at a C level, thats y us D ballplayers play the game, to get where ur at. Something to think about.

I dont know why you guys get all fired up about these comments? Half of the time its someone on your own D team thats making the comments to try to fire you. Relax,who cares what people think and play the game. Anyway this thread has turned out to be full of information. Motown has loaded up, but hopefully wont be screaming at each other on the field. Scheemers MAYBE picking up some good players,who I guess are top secret. Ill beliee it when I see it. Township Tan has been somewhat quiet. Maybe we will hear something over xmas break? Whats going down with Hometown, another secret deal going on? Maybe this thread wasnt all that informative? Keep posting the news and forget about the almighty of the upper division.

New D team forming........

The old Burg team is coming out of retirement. Lineup as follows.

1b Art (High Top) Chieze
2b Minnow (Doots of Earl) Fundoots
ss Pat (Cool) Qualerio
3b Sambo (Egg Head) Bessel
P Fred (El Presidente) Mozzocio
C BoBo (The Greek) Trott
L David (*****) Deblasio
LC Rick (Sky Hawk) Ryllot
RC Frank (911) Jannetti
R Scott (Otter) Herb
EH Chet (Sugar Bear) Herb

Other team Members: Joe (Scustie) Camerot, Rick (Chicken Bones) Jones, Tom (Tah, Tah) Freed, PJ (GQ) Copple.

Sponsor: Mark (Birdie) Hasson, State Farm Ins.
Team Doctor: Shortie

This should be interesting, can this group still compete? Let us know what you think.

This same team won the Franklin League County Championship back in 1982.

They better get the WD 40 in gallon jugs so Shortie can oil their hips and ankles up. 1982 is a long time for some to stay dormant on the couch eating wings and drinking beer. I wish them luck if this is true, so tell them to strap on the spikes real tight, put on the Ben Gay and Nitro Tan and lets see if they can still compete. Glad to see they still have the desire to play, and we can always use more competition in our D league. PLAY BALL
C players dont even respond to the post cause us D ers are sick of you so called "Gods of Softball ' bringing your attitudes of crap our way.

You mean to tell us Fred (El Presidente) Mozzocio is still playing softball? He might be the worst bench player in Western, Pa. Please keep the WD40 close, and the Ambulance closer.

That West Pitt line-up would whoop Screamers, Twp Tin and Moanertown. Just the names listed are worth 7, maybe 8 runs a game. Although, they may need to score 20 a game to cover Freddy "Rileys Fun Spot" Mazzoc. If this team get's together, is this the end of PF??? Oh Myyy, we will have to wait and see...............

Hey Hometown, motown, and schemers, and the rest of the D players, can u tell that are u serious is a c player. typical that he runs his big mouth when not one of any of us said a word about a C team. again, show me that paystubb 4 playing C ball or shut ur loud ass mouth. U really think that 7,8, or 9 runs would beat those 3 teams then smoke another one buddy boy. Maybe Santa can bring u a little respect for other people and sum of the brain cells u lost smokin the wacky ****. To all u people who arent still to good for the game of softball, merry xmas and happy new year, it should be a great 2005 of softball in the ol Castle.

better watch out,better not cry,better not pout i'm tellin you why, cause STEEL CITY OUTLAWS are comin to your town!!!!! please clean your mouths after blowin JUSTIN CRUM, its gettin old people leave the kid make his own decisions! see you all in the spring, and to all a good night!

we will go all the way, and no one realizes what is about to happen in 2005.

You better wear a steel mouthpiece

1 2