This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Help w/ email forms

If anyone can help me, I have a couple of questions:

- After submit(enviar) is clicked, I get redirected to a Bravenet page to confirm info ( with ads ), how can I go directly to my confirmation page?
- Where exactly I put the code to have info sent to more than 1 email ?( I found the code ), I'm trying not to delete what is not supposed to.
Thanks for the help,

Zik

Re: Help w/ email forms

If you are redirected to a Bravenet confirm page with lots of ads, then you are probably using the free email forms service. Bravenet refers to this as the interstitial page and it can not be disabled with the free service. An upgrade to Email Forms Professional will give you the option to disable the interstitial page. This option will be found in the "Verifications" area inside your Email Forms Service Manager.

By default, the form data is sent to your Bravenet registered email address. You can add a hidden field to your form that takes a comma-separated list of email addresses and name it "carboncopy".

This allows you to have the email sent to a maximum of 5 email addresses at once.

Your form is bounded by a

tag at the start and a
tag at the end. You can place this hidden field anywhere between those tags. It will not affect anything else in the form.

Martin! just the man I wanted to see.... ummm I have a question..

When making a form, how can I set something up where I dont have to have it sent to my email, it'll just send to another page or something... well is there a solution besides asp? Cuz I'm running XP Home Edition which doesnt support asp.

Martin, thanks for your answer.
If you don't mind, I have another question.
Is there a way to create a form and have the results emailed to me and going to my confirmation page after submit, not being the free one from Bravenet?
When I signed up for the paid service with them, I did not know I would have to pay extra to avoid ads...
Do you know if Bravenet support Frontpage extentions?
Thanks for you help.
Zik

Well, there are two questions here. I'll handle Zik's first, since he started the thread.

Zik,

Somewhere during your sign up, they tell you that the other services are not included in the hosting package. I have never actually looked for it, so I can't really tell you where it is. All of the services are separate from each other so that, Bravenet doesn't have to charge a huge amount for a lot of services that you don't even care about.

But for any of the services, you have to work within the limitations of the service you use. By default, Bravenet's free form mail service send your processed form to your Bravenet registered email address. You can choose to have it go to other places, but it will go to the default address as well. A possible way around it is to, open a new free account with Bravenet, and register just for the Email Forms service. When you register, just set the email address to where you want the form data to go. Then you can copy-paste that form data into your other account. As long as it's a valid address, so that Bravenet can send you updates. You then have the option of changing the address when ever you want, without affecting your paid account.

Bravenet is not the only server with free email form service. I use a free service from Form-Mail.com. It's free of advertisements but is limited to 50 email forms a month. That suits me fine. There are many others that offer this service. Here are just a few, Mail Maniac, FormMail.To/You!, and AbExtra Free HTML Form Processing.

Yes, Bravenet supports FrontPage extensions, but only on their Premium Hosting Package.

PZ,

If you do a google search, you will find that XP Home can be made to support ASP. However, it's a pretty complex hack, and may not be worth sacrificing your Operating System. You are better off going for XP Pro and avoid the problems.

As far as the server is concerned, a form is a form is a form. Many people think that forms is only good for email forms. A form is just a structure. What you do with it is up to you. Email forms is the most prominent use, but definitely not the only use.

On some of my web pages, I need to have objects with the same name, but in different sections. I simply use a form structure, so that I can address them uniquely from Javascript. On many of my pages, I perform a lot of calculations over a large screen area. This commonly involves selecting different options and entering preferences. So, I usually provide a button for the visitor that extracts the pertinent data from all over the page, and dynamically creates a synopses page. The visitor can leave the synopses page up, go back to the original page, change some options, and then press the button again. The synopses page will be updated. When they are done, they can simply print the synopses page with all their design data.

The limitation, of course, with Javascript is that you can not read or write a disk file. I don't actually consider this a limitation, because I really have no need to do either. If you need to save form data and process it later, you will need a premium hosting account. You can do even more with forms if you had an account with CGI access. But this again will cost more money and many web hosts, like Bravenet, do not offer CGI access, even with their premium accounts.

eh, its not worth it then, I dont wanna spend any money really on my site, cuz to be honest I have no idea how much longer this league will be going on, and 2nd, I dont know how to use any of the advanced features offered (cgi-bins, php, and mysql) tried learning mysql from w3 but i ended up not even knowing what it was used for.... anyways, thanks for trying :)