This Message Forum is no longer in use

Please use the new Bravenet Help Forums FOUND HERE

General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE NAVIGATION THING PLEASE!!

How do you change the font size of your navigation bar on the side? I looked everywhere and I can't find it please help me!

Re: SOMEONE HELP ME WITH THE NAVIGATION THING PLEASE!!

well, I opened your site in Arachnophilia and played with font sizes in your Div ID=siteNavigation- unordered list, seems to be no problem to change to whatever you want. however, If you're doing the change online, someone else will have to help, I dont edit online.

Rolnaaba,

You need to understand what you are asking for. You are using the Website Wizard to create your web site. The Website Wizard is very carefully controlled from the style sheet. The style sheet manages the page structure and the font sizes in all of the content areas.

Because the navigation area is generated automatically when you "publish" and you don't have any real access, it difficult to manage. The only way I have found, is to insert a style that overrides the normal settings, into your main content area. If you examine the style sheet, you will find that the navigation area is managed by several styles that include the name "siteNavigation". Specifically, if you add a style, that looks like the following, in your main content area, this will increase the size of the font in the navigation menu.

An increase in the number, will increase the size of the characters in the navigation menu. This will not increase the size of the menu header.

But, the navigation styles are applied to other areas and my increase the size of the font in other content areas. You will also need to be careful about the length of your link. Bigger fonts may cause the link to split over two or more lines.

The style is not a perfect solution and will only work on the page you insert it in. To make it work for all your pages, you will have to insert it in all of your pages. If you want more control over your web pages you will need to dump the Wizard and get a web page design package of your own. The you can control everything about your site.

tyvm that helps a ton