AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Reaction to Belron US AGRSS Comments

How did you react to the recent Belron US comments regarding AGRSS?

Re: Reaction to Belron US AGRSS Comments

I personally do not pay any attention to Belron and just focus on our business.

Amen Glasssgod

I am glad I wasn't there to listen to thier lies! But, From what I have read my first reaction was I laughed, then I thought this isn't really funny. Also Like the "GOD" said, it's best for many of us to not waste much time or energy worrying about the bottom of the barrel.

Also see... Thread "Betting on Belron"

They are who we thought they were.

I'll go again. Wagging the dog.

You are far from being untouchable premier boy.

What the funk does that mean?

it just re-affirms my comments on belron/safelite preparing to brand their own identity from the major hiring and investment in an upcoming national marketing campaign, a slap in the face to mr. glenn moses if he is still employed by them and what i have stated other times "compliance, and regulating it 100% of the time". a very small shop perhaps but a mid-sized to national forget it. The culture that has been and will continue to be of do as much per tech. as possible per day and no consideration for moving from volume to higher installation standards and taking a stand to actually charge for our expertise instead of wholeselling it. If a standard was available to really compell change, change in this industry it would be a standard to train bill and perform all installations at the highest level, and fore go volume. A standard that institutes glass work as bodyshop work the ability to charge for clips that can't be used over, for disposal of glass, the ability to charge for shop supplies, the ability to do rust abatement (not a fallacy of rust prevention), etc.etc...,. But alas this would be as it is here the land of hopes and dreams.

Well said FIXER. The standard is great but competition, reality, diminishing revenue, higer costs make the standard less appealing.

Really, how many of you ever got a job because some one saw your name listed on the ARGSS website or how many people in an agency let alone a State F agency who we know their company gave them $20,000 to help the standard yet their own agencies don't know what it is let alone push for shops who participate in it.

I am for the standard but it brings no more revenue than selling without it.

I am going to start and in depth training program along with adhesive training, along with call our techs some fancy new trademark name and have them pee on a test strip and then have my neighbor and his wife come in and check on it all so I can call it certified by an "independent third party".

I know I am not "getting" the true point of AGRSS but you get the picture. In any business it all boils down to great, safe service at a competitive price that a business can grow on with or without the yellow sticker....

Glen Moses is still there,but not at the same capacity he was before...There is a new person in his position that he answere's to now...Yes they are having a hirring spree.I was visiting a ole friend at one of there warehouse/ctu/DCC and noticed more tech's then you can shake a stick at and a brand new vans,even the new tech's and trainee's had new van's..
They are trying to capture more market share by same day service,and customer delite roll out,and taking jobs out of the market...

their usuall ramp up for the "busy season" hack out more jobs then cut the ones later "S.M.O." with new techs aplenty how long is their "safe-tech" certification program and who monitors it? Oh, thats right just another marketing tool sorry jenny cain but there is an air of transperency and it is your flawed strategy to make us believe your on the path to rightousness to bad fathead feeney doesn't have a smaller pie hole now your main function is clean-up.

Wow, if they get this shook up over the data required by AGRSS just think what the reaction would be if we made our products traceable to more than just the lot numbers ANSI requires. I think we should take the lead and go beyond the ANSI standard and work with AGRSS to help bring change and start making the auto glass industry better for all those that are not scared to take responsibility for every windshield that they install, wholesale or manufacture.

WAKE UP DUMBA$$

I TOO FOUND BELRONS REACTION TO THE STANDARD PUZZLING. I HAVE ADOPTED THE AGRSS STANDARD FROM THE BEGINING IF FOR NO OTHER REASON TO COMPARE WHAT I'M DOING IN AUTO GLASS TO A PUBLISHED AND KNOWN BENCHMARK. I MAY TELL MY CUSTOMER I'M THE BEST TECHNICIAN IN CANADA AND MAKE HIM BELIEVE ME, BUT WITHOUT A BENCHMARK THERE WOULD ALWAYS BE A MARGIN OF DOUBT. I WOULD SOONER SHOW MY CUSTOMERS MY CREDENTIALS THAN SNOWBALL HIM. AT THIS TIME I CONSIDER MYSELF TO BE THE TOP AUTOMOTIVE GLASS TECHNICIAN IN CANADA BASED ON NOTHING ELSE BUT CREDENTIALS AND I HAVEN'T EVEN ENTERED A COMPETITION YET.HOPE TO SEE A REACTION SOON. GOOD LUCK
SYD LENNOX CERTIFIED MASTER AUTO GLASS TECHNICIAN (15) YEARS
AGRSS REGISTERD 9 YEARS
ONTARIO SKILLS & TRADES CERTIFIED

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com