AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DOT 430 quality issues

They have a dot number. How can there be quality issues PPG? I bet they are even qualified to call their glass OEE.

Re: DOT 430 quality issues

IRA its tempered sold by safelite, and just because somone has a DOT # does not mean that occasionaly there glass is not sh*t.

REALLY?

Lynx concerned with quality............
That's a new one on me.
Should read;
We have had reports that there were recent quality issues with certain TPA's & TPC's Therefore bill direct when you can, bill the cust. for additional amounts when you can, turn down not-for-profit jobs, and for petes sake quit using NAGS to price jobs.

Thanks for using Lynx services BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...............

never heard of Hangzhou Safety Glass Co LTD in Zhyiang China? This is Safelite glass??

This is what Lynx emailed us thismorning:

NOTICE TO GLASS PROGRAM PARTICIPANTS

We have had reports that there were recent quality issues with some replacement glass produced from DOT 430. Therefore, we are sending this general industry notification to participants of all glass programs administered by LYNX Services to help ensure you are aware of the situation and to encourage you to confer with your source of supply to independently verify the quality of this, or any glass, before installing it.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED COMMITMENT TO QUALITY
LYNX SERVICES

This is what my DOT listing shows for #403:

PEREGRINE INDUSTRIES, INC VANCOUVER, BC, CANADA

SORRY transposed it, time to put the crack pipe away

I think Mygrant carries a bunch of HSG parts

I think it's interesting how this all got started. A SAfelite tech INSTALLING a Dodge PU broke it and discovered it's shortcomings. (other than by pressing the glass in at install how could it break??) It was also branded under the ATI label according to the article in glassbytes. I've heard stories about ATI and having back lites shatter while being transported or even removed from their cardboard sleeves.

We can all complain about some of the visual and fit problems we have on Chinese glass(and others as well. I view this recall as a good thing because it highlights the shoddy glass that is being sold to us and it also puts those people trying "to go cheap" at risk as well. The more aware that the public is made to become the better

Quality issues, I do declare and wake me up?! What's more fun is that an SGC Tech reported the issue. Hitler always tied a partial truth to an outright lie, I say SGC would do the same for propaganda. I think they were caught with their panties down around their ankles and are looking at litigation or extreme liability. Quality and quality testing comes at a price...guess 430 doesn't pass the test.

When something like this comes up, if you are signed up with SL or Lynx , think about the agreement you signed giving them rights to your liability insurance.

Who would be liable for this if a lawsuit were to occur? Say you install this dot glass and it seriously hurts a customer. They sue but who do they sue?
Stupid question here but how do we know if the glass being made in foreign countries are abiding by "Our" rules and regulations?

I asked a rep this morning about this. He said that you would have nothing to worry about if you had a AGR Authorization Form or something similar. Because we sould be documenting everything ever time.

there are 200 or more auto glass makers in china, 160 are making bend glass (non-safety)for vehicles. rest 40, who are qualified with DOT, significant no of them can't always make safety glasses, (they reduce the furnance temperature to get higher yield rate). curved glass usually requires mold to make, but ARG products' prices can't support big investment, they uses cheaper way to make them. now, PPG pilkington, safelite invite china cheapest price makers to use their names on products. all of us should not use any more those brands and not their owned DOT number's products.

how many out there even look at the dot# ??? I dont!! I look at the part # and the edges for clams

never have even given it a thought. seems like i did see a brand the other day with ati, asi or something like that..

My invoices are littered with DOT#s and lot #s. Takes up more room than anything else on the ticket.

Stories on the Hangzhou Glass Companies.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Hangzhou+glass+Company&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com