AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
mygrant price increase

ppg 1st mygrant 2nd lets guess who will be third. I know we are suppossed to pass this increase along to the consumer, but its harder than they think. i guess i'll have to stop using black primer, that will save me money. also i can use crl urethane. and use gas instead of release agent to clean the excess urethane. and i will use masking tape instead of 3M PAINTERS TAPE. YEAH, I CAN CUT BACK TO OFFSET THE PRICE INCREASE....

Re: mygrant price increase

what makes it so difficult to pass on the increase?
Normal consumers will have no problems with this.They/we see increases all the time for various materials or commodities.

EW...by that thinking you will be putting water in your gas tank.

Why is it so hard for people in this industry to accept that prices increase. It is a fact of life. I have customers all the time that think you should be able to get a windshield for the same price as in 1980. I wasn't in the business back then, but I would be willing to bet that a large percentage of glass is cheaper now compared to 1980.

I could be wrong, but with lowballers(corportate & independant) putting in glass for $125 or less, I doubt it.

Prices go up, if consumers can't deal with it, especially when its their safety we are dealing with, then they can go get their glass for $125. Then when they have issues, I will gladly take care of them, but at my price.

IM GONNA RAISE MY PRICES SLIGHTLY AND THE CONSUMERS WILL BE FORCED TO ACCEPT IT. I DO UNDERTSTAND THAT EVERYTHING GOES UP FROM TIME TO TIME. IT IS PART OF LIFE. BUT CUSTOMERS NEVER SEEM TO UNDERSTAND.

Uh.. who in the H*ll uses tape these days???

With so much irresponsible pricing in retail market, it is certain that there will be many glass shops who do not pass on the price increase and may even take pride in keeping their rediculous pricing.

Larry HAVEN'T YOU HEARD, they use tape to hold the windshields in nowadays instead of urethane, duh, every ones doin it to cut costs so they don't have to say to the boogie man "it's gonna cost more"

We use 3m double back sticky tape to hold the w/s in place. tape on the mouldings and for the big ones we use velcro strips.

Is that the UV resistant 3M??

i started using bubble gum...works great...only 25 cents a pack and it tastes good if you get the munchies goin' down the road.

Geez, this is starting to look like the joke of the day thread and I'm not going to sit here and put up with this!

Looks like I picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com