AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
PRICE INCREASE

Just got PPG's notice of 4% w/s and 7% tempered. How long before the rest jump in?

Re: PRICE INCREASE

Effective July 19th

DeHainaut, Cathy" Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert

To: Our Valued Customers

Subject: Price Increase

Effective July 19, 2007, PPG Auto Glass will implement a 4% price
increase on windshields and 7% on tempered parts.

Thank you for your support. PPG Auto Glass appreciates your
understanding and will continue to implement process improvements to offset rising
product and operating costs without compromising service or quality.

Best regards,

Shipping costs from China must be going up????

Ok now, Copy & paste to all NETWORKS and ins co's and resend same info. All it will take is for the majority of prfessional business leaders, and the best shops in this great country of ours to pass this on to the end consumer,(those who pay the bill), and this is a non issue. HERE'S YOUR SIGN, can enough of you READ and comprehend????? Time will tell.

If memory serves me, this is the second increase of the year from PPG. Add to that the beloved fuel surcharge.

In the good old days (better than today), there used to be a connection between the publication of NAGS and distributor price increases. NAGS would go up increasing our margins and right along with us getting ours, they would get theirs.

Obviously we are still getting ours but in a different anatomical area.

I understand the laws of ecomonics. One would think that many other distributors will want to join PPG increases since they have PPG in their own inventories as well and an effort to distinguish branding is too difficult

What sticks in my craw is that the usual bloodletting of insurance discounting as already taken place and now most shops have to deal with higher costs of materials.

Only in our industry, does one sees complete chaos. We eat our young as well.

If Pilkington doesn't shoot themselves in the foot, (like they have in the past) and hold firm, they stand to benefit greatly with the increased sales brought on by simple price comparisons.

RJ- hope you are right- they tend to be followers more than leaders though... I suspect they will match PPG. I wonder If PPG will continue to unload expensive business sectors to look more profitable for their future buyer(s). I keep suspecting their crew to become paper thin, and service to drop off along with the quality of goods sold. PLK would be able to eat them for lunch, at least for a while... It would also leave more room for mygrant to move into other areas...

AND THEY WONDER WHY THEY KEEP LOSING MARKET SHARE.
THEY JUST HAD A PRICE INCREASE ABOUT THREE
MONTHS AGO. EVERYTHING HAS IT'S LIMIT! WE CURRENTLY
PURCHASE ABOUT 1/10 OF OUR GLASS FROM THEM. WE CAN
BUY THEIR PRODUCT FROM THEIR COMPETITOR FOR LESS.

I may have problems with the way most wholesalers conduct business but it is not about passing increases in the cost of doing business to customers. I do the same thing.

I hear that Pilkington is going to have a 6% across the board increase.

ALL OF THE LYNX NETWORK INSURANCE COMPANIES ARENT GOING TO CUT THEIR DISCOUNTS TO OFFSET THIS INCREASE.THEY CREATE GERBER TO CHOP LABOR BACK TO$40 FLAT.IF NAGS GOES UP IN LIST PRICE,WELL GET TWICE AS MUCH OF AN INCREASE IN DISCOUNT.WHERE IS OUR FUEL ALLOWANCE?OH YEAH,PPG DOESNT OWN LYNX.PPG INDUSTRIES DOES.

PPG has been for sale for over a year, and is having a hard time finding a buyer, as they are overpriced. Look for them to fall by the wayside in the next year.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com