AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
South Carolina Senate Hearing

What are your thoughts on the topics covered during the South Carolina Senate Hearing as covered in today's glassBYTES.com article?

Re: South Carolina Senate Hearing

First Time reading it through on glassbytes, made me want to throw up. These people out right lie and don't care. I'll have to digest a bit more before I say much more,,,, and I need a barf bag!!!!

Well; We sure know what jim beth wants. World domination.

The last few paragraphs almost sounded like us.Losing money from losing jobs thru the network who is beginning to have a hard time keeping their work billed thru them.

All because of the shops who choose to live their own business life,under their own rules.It might be making a small dent their profits.It sounds like it is with their customer base.

Hopefully this wont get deleted....

I think the testimony given makes the independents look like a bunch of whiners to anybody outside the AGR buisness. Thats not to say I dont have the same gripes and complaints, but to a bunch of legislators, who could rarely on their best day tell you the diference between their ***hole and a hole in the ground, its not going to make any sence. If they arent smart enough to see what a conflict of intrest it is, that a service provider that does installations and repairs, is in charge of job distribution, then what hope have we of recieving any meaningful reform???

Whats up with this Jim Beth guy, he knows as well as any of us do that the reasons he gave for using Safelite are rediculous at best. Lets be honest here, when has Nationwide(or any other insurer) ever consulted their policy holders to determine choosing a AGR company. Consumer loyalty??? Is this a joke??? I have seen consumer loyalty to installers, but to the Safelite brand name, I found just the opposite to be true. Except for where Nationwide is concerned!! Why is it they have to pressure their representatives and agents to use Safelite, when quite a few of them would love to use other people and I do mean PRESSURE. It really shows how much they care for their customers that they allow someone who makes and uses some of the worst glass in the industry to take claims and then do the work for their "VALUED" customers. I have got to stop on this rant....I dont even want to get into CSR booking commisions, Smoliks' comments about warranties and about the IGA filing for hearings in "many states", ect. ect. ect.....or else I could contimue this novel forever....Your Welcome.

I just wonder though, why in the world, not one of the people making a speech before this august body of the South Carolina legislature didnt just grab a phone and actually call in a claim to Lynx and to SGC,..err..excuse me Blue Ribbon Glass Network, over speaker phone and let the legislators hear the difference in the way the claim/call was handled is beyond me. That would have settled the issue right then and there.

I thought Smolik's 'husband-wife' analogy sounded awfully familiar, took me a couple of minutes to find it.

Seems we have a list of reasons to explain some things. Also seems a bit too handy, I think.

Some interesting reading; frankly I'm somewhat surprised that someone didn't want these posts linked below removed.

http://www.windshield-repair-forum.com/windshield-replacement/1986-safelite-the-perspective-call-center-employee.html

Smolik's point regarding the husband/wife appointment switcheroo is so weak it brings tears to my eyes. He is trying to get legislators to believe that every time one of our independent service vehicles pulls into a driveway to see a SGC truck already there it is because the husband and wife didn't communicate? Is every instance of this because John is mad at Sue or they work different shifts and don't own cell phones? This is a phony excuse to explain away SGC's ineptness.
Also, every insurance company I am familiar with has their own "warranty" program,be it for glass or getting a new roof on your house. If we install a part and a policy owner experiences an issue with it 1000 miles from here a local company can take care of it and SGC will "dock" our next check without giving us a chance to adrress the situation. Smolik is basically just continuing to mislead the government. Surprise, surprise.

South Carolina is an anti-business bunch of liberal a*s's

Mark 1 - Thank you for posting that forum thread from the repair website.

Whomever the poster was seemed very honest and intelligent, and more than anything very willing to help in any way possible to ease the burden for all parties in the SGC claims process.

Very interesting to read!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com