AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New Hartford/SGC discount

So NAGS raises prices 4% on average and HARTFORD/sgc just went from -15% discount to -37% off NAGS.

Everyone WE MUST STOP THIS NOW !!!!!

Re: New Hartford/SGC discount

Im game what do I need to do ?

That is the ultimate question. Just fight back in anyway and everyway that your business can.

I guess i must be missing something I am not in any area's where these companies are big. Where the heck are they at?

arrp needs to do something their seniors are buying Hardforit

AARP is the Safelite of Senior Citizen representatives. Nothing but a useless lobbyist group seeking to butter their own bread.

Safelite was behind this, but if you want to voice your concerns and attempt to get something better call Ed Korza. He is the number 1 person in charge of glass claims at Hartford. His office number is 860-547-4691 and his cell is 860-202-5148.

I call him everytime an invoice goes 1 day past due and I call him expressing concern over the pricing, this is who you need to put pressure on.

The Hartford has gone through a major reorganization and has hired a lot of people from Progressive!

TM can you post the address of Mr. Kozra's boss? I would like to complain in writing. I am wondering why we would not be allowed a reasonable increase.

Then I will post my letter.

Where is hartford big at? i never done a harford job ever? is that a big NY company?

Hartford CT, New York

Oh well that makes good sense then, nope never had to deal with them. New york sounds more horrid by the min...

SB,
He is the boss when it comes to glass, I don't have his address but his e-mail is Edward.Korza@thehartford.com. He is also not the friendliest person to deal with, that is why I would love to see others voice their concerns.

is hartford where aarp members get their insurance?

all of these insurance companies are doing their insureds a dis-service with their false pricing schedules.

safelite must be hanging by a finger nail, they must be really dropping their price to try to protect their market share, which in reality is to small to dictate pricing for the rest of us.

Ours just went to -42%,110 flat labor.Sent them their fax back with large black magic marker written on it saying"YOUR NUTS".

As long as we keep cutting each others throat they are going to keep doing this to us. We need an orginzation to help us survive. It's a chicken **** industry as long as we have no control over OUR OWN BUSSINESS! We need to ban together or we are all doomed!

The Hartford hired a bunch of the Progressive people away so that is why you are seeing the prices go down.

re: new discounts

the rebalancing act of feb 2005 was supposed to make nags' list prices reflect reasonable prices with little or no large discounts and real-life labor. just as i predicted then the insurance industry cannot tolerate not getting a discount.. no matter how reasonable... so now we have nags list prices around $200 instead of $600 with heavey discounts... now they are asking between 20 and 40% discounts on the $200 list price... typical and same old games played by the insurance industry.

The Hartford is looking for a 46% Discount in the A -
Areas.I believe the Insurance Companies are playing
"leap frog". When 1 gets away with it they all can.
Progressive just went to 49% in A - Market after going up just 2 months ago. Maybe the burden should be
on the customer, not us.

just read the wording on the progressive o&a "we recently conducted an analysis of fair market pricing." this should tell you they are working in their own interests and will continue to do so as long as WE thats you-me-and everyone who continues to accept their rates and terminology. everyone complains of going broke but everyone shows up everyday slaving to the insurance industry. STAND UP TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR INDUSTRY AND BE MEN OR FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO!! BUT QUIT COMPLANING THEY LAUGH AT YOU WHILE THEY DRINK THEIR SCOTCH AND PUFF THEIR CIGARS.

Yes Larry NY & Long Island glass market is steadily deteriorating.
Perhaps now (before your medication wears off) you have a clear view of our plight.

I am doing something about it! We have sued an insurance co for short pay 4 years ago. We lost about 2 years ago in Superior Court. (INsurance Co moved it from small claims to superior). The Judge ruled for one of their 4 special defenses. We appealed the ruling in the court of appeals and we Won!!!! Now it has to go back to superior court for ruling on their other 3 special defenses. (The judge should have ruled on those as well) If we win those, it will set
a precedent for our state and maybe for others. Again, glass companies bill the insurance companies as a service, it doesn't have to be a given!

Great Job Bob way to make a stand!

Bob

Good going Bob, and I agree with you that we need to be putting more of the burden on the customers. We can not do hardly any of these jobs with these sort of discounts insurance co's are demanding. We simply tell customers the truth, which is
"I'm sorry sir, we can not bill your particular Insurance Co. They do not cover our expenses and we cannot afford the loss. You will probably have a hard time finding any shop that will bill your particular insurance co. due to the same reason. You may decide to bill the insurance co yourself, or try to find a company that will agree to your Insurance co.'s pricing. However, if you decide the later, I can assure you that you will encounter substandard materials and installation." Basically, we tell them that they have crappy insurance! Think how angry the insured are going to get with their insurance company when they can't find any repair facility to work on their auto's. I would love to see a national ban on filing insurance claims for customers.(Glass and Auto Body). Let the customers deal with them. They are the one paying the premiums! It would be the only way for customers to realize what crap they have bought into! Also the networks would go "bye bye" in a heartbeat and we would all be able to make a living.

Amen to Bob and great post Mary! I think we will be seeing more and more glass shops turning to cash customers, and let them deal with their ins co. People will soon see where the best co's are! Right from the rebalance many shops understood the need to have the REAL customer involved, your right they are the ones paying the premiums. It would be a whole new world if tpa's ONLY handled the claim, and had NOTHING to do with the pricing. I remember when ins co's screamed about how it was costing them to write each check for each invoice, and always wondered if any of us would have really cared if they grouped them monthly, yet now the tpa's take at times longer than 30 days and they only group the invoices sometimes!!!For All these co's wanting REDICULOUS discounts we are doing the same thing,, LET THE CUSTOMER KNOW WHY WE CAN'T DO THEIR WORK FOR NOTHING!! I haven't had one yet who when shown the facts and truth, wanted to go else where to have their car worked on (or butchered by the cheapies). truth builds trust which builds a better, stronger customer base. Do it with QUALITY not CHEAP price!. Funny how all this talk about the cheapies out there, and WHAM more discounts! easy answer,,, TURN IT DOWN!!! THE MORE THAT DO THE SOONER IT STOPS!

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com