AGRR™ magazine/glassBYTEs.com™ Message Forum

AGRR Magazine
AGRR™ Magazine

glassBYTEs.com

AGRSS

NWRA

Key Media & Research
Privacy Policy

ATTENTIONThe glassBYTEs.com forum is being retooled and will return with a new look and functionality that will hopefully help our readers even more. Watch for an announcement when it will be ready, it will be a few months.

You can still stay up on daily news and comment on stories by signing up for the glassBYTEs daily e-newsletter at glass.com/subcenter. There is no charge. Hope to see you there!
General Forum
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
3 QUOTES IN ONE

Ok I tested 89glass's 3 quotes. Funny only their company existed for a quote in my area. There were 2 other companies and they don't exist. What's the deal with that?!

Re: 3 QUOTES IN ONE

i asked for a quote on a pickup, gave me 3 quotes from 3 different glass companies. when i called each one the same girl answered her name was bianca. strange would'nt you say

just tried glass.net got 3 quotes, none of which are shops here. called one named windshieldsmiths and it was 89glass. what the heck is going on here????whose brainfart is this fiasco????Maybe it's those guys that used to do all thier deception with telemarketing? people got wise to that now they figured they can mess with customers this way??? lowball quotes, run it thru thier ins and charge for the rest of the installation, like labor, urethane, mldgs, tax etc. This has got to be somekind of bad joke. or just another way to rip-off the consumer!

GlassOne has over 1000 service locations. Dang, there must be a new player in town. I cant believe I havent heard of them until now.

Someone needs to bust these clowns for deceptive advertising practices. If you are going to issue a press release you should at least have your ducks in a row before you try this shady crap.

hey xxx, the girl you talked to was her name bianca

I get the same 3 quotes no matter what ZIP I use. Seems odd to me

Does this mean I'll start seeing SPAM for this new stuff like I do for 89 all the time? I don't see how this will work for them unless they go with TV, Radio and Yellow Page advertising.

I don't remember the name of the person, but it seems any of the so called shops in your area, which don't exist, you get the same call center somewhere out in Washington St. This sounds like the company who telemarkets that they just happen to have techs in your area and can repair your chipped w/s but they come out to replace it because repair is only temporary,,,,,, buyer beware!

I wonder if they are farming the work out to other companies if a customer is out of their coverage area. Just seems shady.

HHmmm. Interesting response on glassbytes today. If anyone has contacted this company, please share what you have found out. Like, what is the fee for using their services to obtain referrals.
They should at least say there is no service in your area at this time rather than making up quotes they can't even honor.

Re: Re: 3 QUOTES IN ONE

I noticed on their website they say they have 1100+ locations. Is this true? I dont beleive it, I have never heard of them. They also state that they will take $50 off an insurance claim. That would mean $50 off of a deductible, right?

bla, bla beta testing. What a joke, the guy must think we're dumb, Beta testing is done before you go public with a press release.

ray

I tried the # and said I wanted it in shop they put me on hold after trying to sell me mobile then came back with the address of a Triumph Shop! Will try more again to see the other ones they give and will post here if any others are mentioned!

They are trying to get local shops all over the place to pay them for each referral. If I recall, sometime last year they wanted like $100 per referral. They advertise themselves and then pawn the work off to the highest bidder.

Just got a call from 89glass, asking if we would "help them out"..."because they don't have service in this area". They sounded shocked, when I said No!

Just curious, does anyone know what insurance companies would be using them???

Thanks AGRR for having this forum! It has helped ALOT to hear from others, what is happening in the industry, and what to watch out for!!!

No insurance companies and I was told this is for CASH jobs only but why do they list it out with the deductible scenario then? This is fishy for sure and I am not going to get hosed on an insurance job

89 is marketing to consumers via the net. They will quote a cash job but will gladly take an insurance job from a consumer and bill accordingly. Use any search engine and search for windshields or auto glass; 89 will come up.

I HAVE CALLED THIS COMPANY IN THE PAST. THEY ARE STILL OFFERING TO WAIVE DEDUCTIBLES FOR STATE FARM EVEN THOUGH IN MICHIGAN IT IS NO LONGER ALLOWED. THE QUOTE LINE IS A JOKE. I CHECKED IT OUT, SEEMS FISHY!!

Doesn't State Farm have in the O & A language something about gratuities which includes waiving deductibles being unacceptable and could cause the shop to be removed from the O & A?

i have mine at www.insurancepaylite.com it works fine with me. though a lot has as many as 3 quotes.

nice

I hve called these places, and asked if tax is inclueded, I was told they do not charge tax because the state they are located in does not charge tax and they have no laws to stop them from giving the rebate off the deductible, therefore they can offer the rebate and not charge tax, oh when I asked about where to take my car because the weather was below 0 they told me they are moble and will come out to me. the other day I saw an ABBRA truck and the tec was installing the w/s outside, my car temp showed -2. I wished I had a camera with to take the picture.

another caller, Are you serious on the sales tax thing?? THAT IS ILLEGAL they are cheating your state out of tax revenue... what site was it I challenge GlassBytes.com to give us details.

89 Glass, Glass one,& Windshield Smith are all
the same Co.We used to do quite a bit of work
for them in the North East.They have preset contract
pricing.They are a referral service only.They expect
deep discounts and fast service.You will also notice
at the top of their job order,there is a "request time"
for service.They would promise times for mobile service
3-4 days in advance.If they are slow and you have already quoted a customer, they will under bid and then
call you to do the job.I started calling the customers and asking what they were paying.I could under cut what they were being charged and still come out way ahead.

Copyright © AGRR™/glassBYTEs™ All rights reserved.
20 PGA Drive, Suite 201, Stafford, Virginia 22554
540-720-5584 (P) 540-720-5687 (F) info@agrrmag.com
www.agrrmag.com / www.glassbytes.com